Thread: Buell Blast Stalling at 80+mph?

Hello.

I have a 2004 Buell Blast. I love my bike. It's been running like a champ. However, today I was cruising at about 80 mph when my bike felt like it was losing power and then stalled as if I had run out of gas, which I hadn't because there was plenty. I pulled over the side of the road and it started back up and I continued back home just fine. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

thats probably top speed for that bike. fuel supply drops off at the top and a motor will feel like it bogs out as it runs out of juice

I've clocked in comfortably at 92 mph on my way to work before, so I'm not sure if that is it.

Check the fuel tank vent line. They get clogged and does not allow air to enter the tank as fuel is being drawn out of it. To check for this do a top speed run with your fuel cap loose. If it does not stall then bingo!

Sounds like max/top end for the Blast. I used to have one and I used to crank the gas and hold it for miles just to see if it would ever go about 87 mph. It went 90 downhill with a tail wind on the straight away.

On a similar note, before that when I first got the bike, the ignition used to cut out on the highway at normal speed and then wouldn't start until the bike was cooled down. I took it to the steelership and they changed out the ignition mod in the timing cover and the problem went away. This is probably not your problem but I just wanted to put it out there to see if anyone else had problems with stock parts. The voltage regulator was **** to. Changed those parts out and all the electrics started working normally after that.

Im not sure if its a top end/speed issue, ive riden my moms 03 blast for about a month while the 1125 was at the dealer and got the speedometer to about 95-97ish on 95 with no issues, i would check the vent tube or could be something in the line from the tank to the carb.

Buell Blast tops out at the 6500rpm rev limiter at 96mph.

To the OP, I believe it's already been answered elsewhere, but it's more than likely the tank vent line is clogged.