Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: the big topic: tires

Thanks Grego.
    I coated my headers too and can imagine how you'd feel getting them trashed.

I got a Diablo Rosso rear from motorcyclesuperstore about 3 years ago and it was also marked made in Germany. It seems like a good tire. Maybe it went down hill with the Rosso II? I think a lot of things have changed with them lately. You convinced me though. I'm gonna smoke whats left of that rear pirelli on the way to getting a new set of PP3s... Or maybe Q3's?

The local guy I mentioned has the PP3's in stock so I'll likely go with that so I can ride this weekend. It just occurred to me that I've never had anything but Pirelli's on my Buell. I always thought they were good because the bike handles great. Maybe it will handle even better with PP3's? I'll report back next week.

update- Just got around to it, sorry. My PP3's are made in Spain.

I just put Pilot Road 4s on. They are made in Spain too. I've only got a half mile on them because it has been raining here.

I usually spend most of my days off on twisty roads and commute 60-100 miles a day on some pretty twisty country roads and ride at a very "lively" pace. This sesaon I have ran one set of Michelin pilot power 2ct's, which are a seperate line than the power pures by the way, and three sets of Dunlop q3's. The 2cts were good. Wasn't a huge fan of the profile or the carcass struscture but I was happy with the grip and the wear. I did have them step out on me a few times though. Overall a very good tire. I got about 4,000 miles out of the rear and swapped them out as a set. I managed to get all my Q3's shipped to my door for $180 (including a mail in $40 rebate. Bridgestone is now offering a similar deal so I may go out for some battleax's this time around.).I mount the tires myself and I thought for $180 regardless of how long they lasted it was a killer deal. I can without a doubt say that the dunlop Q3's are my favorite (subjective) tire I have ever ran and I highly reccomend them. They have felt so sure and planted through every corner I have thrown them into and have done any and everything I have demanded of them and done it well. Steering response is quick but extremely linear. Love the profile on these things. The "carbon technology" bull**** or whatever it is in the sidewalls is awesome. These tires feel like a rock. No squirm or give regardless of my abuse. Possibly a little harsh If you plan on hitting every pothole in the road or driving over your neighbors dog. But who does that anyways. You get the idea. Super responsive with awesome feedback I love these things. The downside? Out of three sets the MOST I have gotten out of a rear Is 2500 miles. And the front wasnt far behind it. And I ride my tires till they are gone. I have just over 1600 miles on the set I am running now and they are due for replacing soon. Thats with a 14 hour day of nothing but slamming oh555 and the surrounding ridiculously curvy surrounding roads. As for the performance, I notice very little difference from a fresh set until you get to the wear bars. Realisticaslly there is most likely a significant difference between fresh and down to the bars but the degrade is so linear and minute that I hardly even notice. Q3's DO NOT LIKE THE INTERSTATE. Seriously. Avoid stright lines at all costs lol. Keep in mind that these are 50% street 50% track tires.

That's my $.02 on those anyways.

So now i'm planning a very long trip and am looking for something to last on the freeway a bit but that ill still be able to touch down on above legal speeds. Theoretically of course :D I would like to get at least 4/5,000 miles out of the rear.

Right now can't decide.Any body ran any ot these? Why did or didn't you like them?

I am looking at:

Pirelli Angel GT
    Something bridgestone? $40 rebate, surely they have something that fits the bill?
    Michelin road 3's - Not sure how I fell about these. Do they grip?
    How about Dunlop roadsmarts?

I really wish Dunlop sportsmarts were offereed in the U.S I'd buy them in a heartbeat.

You have chicken strips on your pilot Power 3??????

I have 120/70/17-180/55/17 no chicken strips run F 34PSI R 36PSI and have XB9R pegs on my XB9S as kept grinding the comfort ones on corners, even have a set on my TL1000R amazing tyres the only minus was scrubbing the wax they were a little squirrelly for 100Kms and then awesome. Have dunlop metzlers bridgies but these are great .. IMHO. but damn our tyres are pricey compared to yours au$ 520 a set guess that is australia tax for you .

I am new here, and am picking up my first bike. I got the 2009 Buell Blast, and it has led brake and turn signals. I'll need a new rear tire in about 500 miles or so. So I'm doing my research now. I currently work in the oilfields, so I see mostly a 50-50 split on pavement and gravel roads. I'm wondering what would be a good tire for the conditions I'm riding in? I would be riding in all weather conditions, so that has to be figured into the equation too. Thanks for your advice and recommendations.

If you're riding on gravel 50% of the time, none of the above tires will work for you, you need a dual sport tire.

I am new here, and am picking up my first bike. I got the 2009 Buell Blast, and it has led brake and turn signals. I'll need a new rear tire in about 500 miles or so. So I'm doing my research now. I currently work in the oilfields, so I see mostly a 50-50 split on pavement and gravel roads. I'm wondering what would be a good tire for the conditions I'm riding in? I would be riding in all weather conditions, so that has to be figured into the equation too. Thanks for your advice and recommendations.
    Porbably the best tire for your application...
    http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...r-scooter-tire

Banned
    I got nail in my almost new rear tire (only 13000 miles on it ) . I plugged it using flat tire fix kit, but I heard it is unsafe to ride motorcycle with plug in tire, so I bought new tire. I decided to use same Pirelli Diablo tire since I had no issues with it.

I know they say that, but I bought a new set of TKC 70's for one of my bikes, when I got home, I had a nail in the rear, I plugged it and then put over 9K miles on it with no issue's at all.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415