Thread: Computer issue

Has anyone had this problem? It seems that after a day or two of having the dealer set the idle my computer "appears" to be losing that setting. I've had the dealer set it twice now and I am fine for a couple days then it just goes.

When starting it idles a few seconds then dies. When cold...if I give it juice and then head out in first gear I get a lunging. All that goes away when the dealer re-sets the idle. Anyone have a similar issue of the setting just...disappearing? Thanks!

TPS going out maybe, any other indications, CEL, other running issues? Might be IAT also.

No other running issues other than that one. Thoughts??

1ST thought is a bad spot on tps, the tps is basically a variable resistor, or, are you unconciously giving it a slight twist of throttle while trying to crank? that can throw off the TPS reset on 08+ models?

I thought of that and kept my hand completely off the throttle...still an issue. When you say a bad spot on the tps...what do you mean? Also, this is a relatively new development. Bike has over 25,000 miles on it and this wasn't a problem until I took it into the 2nd shop. It went in fine and came out crap and now it's crap over and over again.

When doing a pps reset I got the same symptoms. Followed the procedure except I didn't hold slight pressure closed throttle position. Did it again with pressure and it made a world of difference.

Check for a crack in your ECM. My seat was rubbing on the connectors, which put pressure on the case of the ecm and cracked it. There was a crack along the top edge where the connector hits the housing. Replacing it (and modding my seat/adding a spacer) has helped with my similar issue. If there are rub-marks on the connector, look carefully