Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sad

Kozo, thanks for sharing. No gear, no ride.

Over the bars: broke collar bone. Doc told me worst knee damage he's seen without a break: knee pads.

100 mph slide out, scuffed leathers, scuffed helmet, no road rash, broke rib sliding over the mirror after it broke off. Rode home.

No gear, no ride.

No gear, no ride

well guys, i have rode cruisers for many, many years. never wore a stitch of protection. i crashed once at 60mph, walked away with a few scratches and a bruised knee. so lucky.
    when i got my buell, do to the influence of everyone on here, i wear it constantly now. storys like the one of a 100mph slide out, and a guy walking away from it, well that says more than i ever could.
    the only weak point i have is i need to get some leg/knee protection.

No gear, no ride.
    Riding around here in Hawaii you experience GIGANTIC amounts of distracted drivers. The other day on a Sunday afternoon cruise I had a one of said drivers in front of me. Long story short, distracted driver slams on brakes hard, I go over at 40 mph, I walk away with bruised pride and a sad, and luckily mechanically unharmed XB9SX.

No gear, no ride.

Inactive
    and sadly, when law enforcement finds the vehicle, then the owner, then the driver.....investigates...files charges,,,,driver owns up and lawyers up....gets into court...negotiated plea agreement...a life is gone and driver MIGHT receive 3 months county jail time. system is out of whack.

deputies said the biker was weaving in and out of traffic but they didn't stop the other driver. it kinda sounds like they profiled this to demonize the biker rather than say they aren't sure of what happened.

my prayers go out to this man and all other bikers. specially my fellow buellers from buellxb.com

Though there are millions of other bikers on thousands of forums, i feel that we are all a family here at BuellXB.com. Though i have had arguments with some, and praised others, i see you all as family, and would ride with any of you any day. Ride safe guys and girls, because the time you don't just might be the last time you ever will.

ATFIII

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12