Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crash protection

So I thinking swing arm fork and maybe handle bar sliders. What else is everyone else using? I like the darkhorsemoto stuff, but want some other ideas/opinions. I already have the pucks. Just want her protected when I do end up dropping her.

Sounds like you plan on goin down...:(
    Pucks are the big one to have, then swing arm sliders and front fork sliders. As far as handle bar ends, they look pretty and might work if you drop your bike nice and easy, but for the most part or bars will probabely bend. Its a fairly easy and inexpensive fix to make, unlike the swing arm, front forks or frame replacement from road rash.

Oh yeah, side from anything on the bike. If you want real crash protection dont go cheap on your helmet and other gear.ie.,boots, gloves,jacket, and pants. Thats what will really save your azz Not much reason to have a saved bike if you cant leave your bed to ride it. Advice I wish I followed early on in my days. Good luck buddy!!

I dont plan on going down..:o but IF it happens.. A guy before always said to "dress for the crash not the ride." I was thinking the bar ends to help keep the bike off the ground, but if they bend that defeats the purpose. My next purchase was going to be the swing arm sliders. trying to protect in order of cost. then the forks. Only gear I dont have are pants. Just blue jeans and since they are good up to roughly 30mph (so i been told) they wont last long at all.
    Any recommendations on any?

I ride the Scorpion Duece pants in the warm and cold weather. Some do the leather thing, but thats a bit sado to me in 106 degree heat. The Duece's have knee and hip protection that I think far surpasses the Icon pants that would compare in price or even more. I like my Scorpion gear because they use harder type plastics/kevlar etc. than alot of gear I've seen out their also. The pants have a water/wind proof liner that comes out and I have a jaccket thats the same. Its a heavy mesh that the air can pass through with ease after the liners are out. I do wear a leather jacket though when it cools down.

lsl has some extra crash protection for engine/header & gearcase, etc.

can be found at spiegler performance parts, usa

That's a great find Lefox!

Quote Originally Posted by dave xb12r
    That's a great find Lefox!
    i know :p

;)

yeah i looked at their site, looks like they have some great products. i dont like the look of frame pucks and didnt know there was anything else out there. now i do.

Is there anyone out there that Has a stunt roll cage on their bike or know where I can get one from?? I've seen people with them on Buells so I know they are out there (maybe they were custom made)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast