Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Had an accident tonight.... (damn dog)

I dropped my M2 tonight. I was coming home from work and pulled along side a Jeep Grand Cherokee at a stop light. Inside the Jeep was a boxer (dog) that evidently doesn't like motorcycles or the people who ride them. When I came to a stop, I could hear the dog barking but thought the window was up far enough to prevent him from coming out.... as it turns out I was wrong.

The light was about to turn green so I grabbed the clutch and dropped it into gear. Evidently the sound of a motorcycle clicking into gear translates in dog language as "please escape and come over and bite me" because that is exactly what happened. Had I not had my boots on, I'm pretty sure the 1st bite would've been much worse.

When I felt the dog biting my ankle/foot area I panicked and let out too much clutch and grabbed way to much throttle. This resulted in me and the bike launching into the intersection dragging the dog behind me. When I hit the pavement the dog let go and decided to try and eat my helmet!!!!! I got to my feet and the dog was still after me...

I kicked the dog in the head and face and the ASS CLOWN owner had the nerve to come after me for kicking his dog!!!!! (he tackled me from behind after I kicked the dog) Evidently in the state of NJ dog bite victims are supposed to let the dog bite, then call the police because the LEO told me I might be getting charged with animal abuse because I kicked the dog more than once...but mentioned nothing about scrapping with the dogs owner????

Long story short, I got attacked/bitten by a dog, wrecked my bike, and I was rolling on the ground with the dogs owner when the cops showed up.... What a freakin' day!!!!!

I got a couple scrapes, the bike got a little banged up, but my pride was hurt the most!!!!

I had to stop at a repair shop and borrow a deep well socket and long extension to bend the shifter back into position so I could limp it home....

Thaats one of the craziest stories ive heard. What a douche bag for comin after u after his dog and his negligence (sp) caused the wreck. Glad ur ok. Gotta a great story to tell now atleast.

Super Moderator
    Sorry to hear about the accident. Out of control dog owners are the worst. With that said, I'd nail anyone who kicked my dogs to a ****ing wall...then again, neither of them would EVER jump out of a window and attack a person. People need to learn how to raise safe, healthy, sane animals. Drives me crazy to hear stories like this.

Thaats one of the craziest stories ive heard. What a douche bag for comin after u after his dog and his negligence (sp) caused the wreck. Glad ur ok. Gotta a great story to tell now atleast.
    It was UN-****ING-BELIEVABLE!!!!!!

I am trying to keep a level head about this... but this has me so pissed off... I can't believe they are talking about charging ME with anything.....

Sorry to hear about the accident. Out of control dog owners are the worst. With that said, I'd nail anyone who kicked my dogs to a ****ing wall...then again, neither of them would EVER jump out of a window and attack a person. People need to learn how to raise safe, healthy, sane animals. Drives me crazy to hear stories like this.
    I know what you mean... I am a dog lover. I have a 70lb pit bull she is by far the best dog I have ever had... If she got out and bit/tried to bite someone, I wouldn't be surprised if she got kicked...

Super Moderator
    Oh yeah, it justifies a physical reaction, no doubt. I'm just not sure that I, as the owner, could watch that and not want to murder the person.

Wow, That's some bull**** trying to charge you for anything. Lucky there wasnt any cross traffic too man. And nice restraint on not throwing in a punch or two to the irresponsible driver.
    My lab looses his mind when I'm leaving for work, he's fine while the bike warms up but he listens for me to click down into 1st then goes absolutely crazy (although not trying to attack me)

thats some bull****.
    I love my dogs (chows)
    But i am not going to attack a guy there eating.
    unless you broke into my house.
    There is a leash law you should sue the crap out of the owner for not controlling his dog.....
    if they charge you you ned to get witness and sue the hell out of the city for being ignorant

wow.. that sucks...sorry to hear. Glad you are still in one piece. i would of went over and stuffed every door in on the jeep with my foot.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast