Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: "Lizzy" my 09 1125CR

Heres some pictures too of the clutch and bearing job.
    Got the EBR clutch tool. Its handy and I can torque the nut down properly now.

Front bearings removed easily (I used an unconventional way as I didn't have a bearing puller. A flat head and hammer, bit the rear I took to a yamaha dealer for removal) installation was easy as well.

Started off by draining the right side of oil and pulling the cover off. Crack the brake line banjo bolt and drain the fluid before you remove the clutch.

I tried a t-bar allen key in a 5mm but had to use vice grips and a normal 5mm key to get leverage.

T30 bit to remove the 8 cover bolts and were almost there.

I used the 5mm allen key instead of a wrench and a 19mm to remove the diaphragm nut. ! Be careful not to rip the diaphragm when you remove it! It likes to stick so be gentle.

And were at the clutch. Easy removal. I took the 5mm and in a star pattern like you do with lug nuts on a car slowly remove the spring bolts I did them 2 turns at a time and it took about 5 minites. I also oriented the bolts and springs so I can put them back in the same way they came out(you probably dont need to do this, they are the same length).

Pressure plate is out so time to dig the plates out.

Not too much space for fingers so I used 2 flat heads and wiggled the plates out.

New plates soaked in 1L of new oil for 30minutes. The steel plates were not soaked but I coated them with oil when I placed them in. Also I got a Barnett clutch kit, the owners manual will tell you to put a notched steel plate in first and that one side has sharp teeth and the other has round. This is for thw factory clutch. The Barnett kit has no notched plate and they can go in any way but always start with the steel plate! And alternate between till the end.

After that you can button everything up and drain the rest of the oil if you didn't already. Add the new stuff and take her for a spin.

Just passed 22,000 miles! Doesn't look like ill be hitting 30k this year but at least 25k is in sight. And my next valve job, so kinda bitter sweet.

Good looking Bike!! Looks awesome great!!

Well it's been quite a long time since I've posted on here. Just wanted to update this thread, in October I sold Lizzy to a guy in New Hope, PA for $3,900. It was bitter sweet as I needed the money at the time and I didn't want to deal with the possible charging issues anymore, however I miss this bike more than my xb9r.

I haven't been riding since, so there is definitely a hole inside that is in need of filling. I will be riding my mom's Blast for a while tho, at least until I get a new bike. As of now I have my sights on a Yamaha FZ6 (2007-2009) a little less power, about 95hp and 46tq, compared to the 1125s 146hp and 82??tq. But I feel with the FZ6 it will allow me to feel more comfortable doing long 1000+ mile trips as these bikes are very reliable. I will probably pop up on here every once in a while on the Blast forum. Our when I win the lottery and buy an EBR!

Hey man! Was just telling someone last weekend how I should have bought your bike. I hope all is well with you!

I'm doing well, only complaint is not being able to ride in a while. Hoping to pull the trigger on a fz6 in a few months, I have been driving the Subaru way too much lately haha.

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233