Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Thread: "Lizzy" my 09 1125CR

NJDEVILS1990, were u from. im here in jersey and nobody around me has a buell and im looking for a fellow bueller to ride with. that is of course if you dont sell lizzy.

Im in central nj, flemington area. I will still have a buell afterwards to ride (buell blast :)) but yeah if your in the area let me know. You can also check out nj buell owners

Just ordered a clutch kit from asb and a master cylinder rebuild kit a blinker oil filter and an o-ring for the filter cover. Should be here at the end of the week. Pics to come!

So what are you going to do with Lizzy?

I have a clutch pack, new blinker, and oil change bits waiting to be installed. I also just placed an order for new wheel bearings, washers for the drain plugs and an o-ring for the spherical nut on the clutch, and will be ordering the clutch removal tool from EBR. Once this all comes in im gonna start the work. Thays about all for now.

Everything should be here on tuesday!

What a difference! After 6hours of working on Lizzy I got out and rode her. She feels brand new and no more slipping! The clutch pack and springs were an easy 30minute job. I did the front wheel bearings in 15minites (removal and installation) the rear wheel I took to my local yamaha dealer for the bearings to be removed (cost $21 and 2hours from drop off to pick up and 5 minutes to install the new bits) new washers for the drain plugs and an o-ring for the filter cover and the spherical nut. Oil change completed, and rebuilt the clutch master cylinder. Lastly I finally replaced the broken rear blinker. So I just need to wash her tomorrow and take her on a nice long ride. The only down side so far tho, I immediately noticed the when the bike is on it os VERY hard to find neutral. But shifting between gears is like butter and when the bike is off shifting is smooth and into neutral is easy. Any ideas? Im thinking the clutchay need to just break in and it will get better I also did it with sneakers instead of my riding boots. I will see how it is tomorrow.

I read all of what you do and your progress. Thanks for sharing all of your experiences.

Thats kinda why I started this thread. All my good times and bad in one spot for everyone to read and hopfully learn off of and also give criticism when I am wrong. Id say this community is mostly what helped me keep myself from selling her a couple weeks ago. That and twin motorcycles for developing a new cheaper stator fix! My winter plans for lizzy right now are the EBR stator rotor amd the TM stator. After the core return it should be around $550-$600 for the two and the crank locking tool. Went on a 100 mile ride yesterday and she rides well. I think im still getting used to the clutch but it is almost no pull in and the clutch is disengaged. I still have a hard time getting into neutral so im going to try and bleed the clutch again and see if that helps.

That and twin motorcycles for developing a new cheaper stator fix! My winter plans for lizzy right now are the EBR stator rotor amd the TM stator.
    Keep us in mind when you're ready for that stator! ;)

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast