Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Self-tune or have it Dyno'ed?

So I got a great titanium exhaust for my 05xb12s, now it runs rich and has some nasty back fires. Should I buy the stuff to tune it my self or have it dyno'ed and be done.

If I do it my self what should I use?

Does anyone know a good dyno place for Buell's in Denver?

Thanks

Super Moderator
    I can set you up with a fully custom tune. All you'll need is a cable, a laptop, and some time.

The Tuniversity

Where do you get the cable?

How much is a set up?

If you have a shop that you can go to, a dyno tune is always better than an email tune. But, the tuniversity seems pretty legit and another great route. Stay clear of out of the box tunes though.

I've worked with Max (octo) for around 2 years now on tuning buell motors. The guy really knows his stuff. Its well worth the money as you will spend countless hours pouring over thread after thread to learn what octo can teach in just a few hours.

Super Moderator
    Thanks Dallas.

A cable can be had for about $30 from XoptiInside. If you are comfortable putting it together with the available instructions, it can be had for less.

I have a variety of tuning packages available. Feel free to peruse my site to see what I can offer you. Don't hesitate to get in touch with me with any comments, questions, or concerns.

Only one of the tuning packages is an email tune. Everything else is 100% custom, and absolutely superior to a dyno tune. Datalogging during real, normal riding conditions allows you to build a fuel map that reflects how the bike is actually operated. A dyno tune is a great way to dial in a map very quickly, and modify timing values. Unfortunately it is not as accurate for a street bike that spends its time riding around in constantly changing environments.

Don't waste your money at the Harley shop. The Tuniveristy is the way to go.

My bike runs way better than the "dyno tune" that cost me over 3 shop hours at the dealer. Do the math.

Max was awesome. His tune really woke the bike up. He has the patience of Job and will explain exactly what he is doing. I wish I'd know about him before I wasted my money at the dealer. He's a real class act.

Quote Originally Posted by theoctopus View Post
    I can set you up with a fully custom tune. All you'll need is a cable, a laptop, and some time.

The Tuniversity
    I know this thread is old but do you still offer costum tunes? Or does anyone on this forum ?

Depends on what you mean by "custom".
    A lot has changed in 8 years since this thread died. Most of the 'tuning' has been done, catalogued, stored, and validated.

Got a 1250 kit and custom cams? I'd look for a qualified V-twin shop in your area.

Got a pipe and air filter? Been done. Check out Buellmods.com and Buelltooth.com for options and enjoy the wormhole

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Depends on what you mean by "custom".
    A lot has changed in 8 years since this thread died. Most of the 'tuning' has been done, catalogued, stored, and validated.

Got a 1250 kit and custom cams? I'd look for a qualified V-twin shop in your area.

Got a pipe and air filter? Been done. Check out Buellmods.com and Buelltooth.com for options and enjoy the wormhole
    Hey Cooter I am going to be needing a tune for my 09 SCG , I just want the engine to run better not looking for HP. what are my best options? K&N and a reverso from APH.

Last edited by Silverrider; 10-26-2018 at 12:56 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast