Thread: any have EBR ECU?

I have had the EBR ECU for about a year now and it never wants idle right. (yes it is the correct one for the bike and mods) Anyone have the same issue? Or does anyone think the ECU works perfect? Maybe I need to send mine back for the third time to get remapped.

What year is your bike? Some have screw self idle adjustment .........thingamajig

did you do a tps reset

I have an EBR race ECM, works great.

You HAVE to do a TPS reset when it is installed. You DID do that, right?

Yes once you do the TPS Reset, It does not automatically calibrate. It takes a long time for the computer to learn your riding style and to level everything out. Keep in mind when you do that reset it will run like **** for awhile.

I have a 2008 and yes I have done the TPS reset many times. I might have to send it back agian. I just had to check and see if you guys have had good luck with them. Riding the bike in traffic or at a stop light is hell. I have to hold the throtle to keep it from dieing. Then some days it runs fine at lights and in light traffic. I wish EBR had a darn phone number to call.

I have the EBR ecm on my 03' and it's fantastic. I also have the adjustable idle too. I assume 08's have the IAC motor to control the idle speed?
    Maybe the IAC is getting gummed up and needs to be cleaned. I know this happens to cars/trucks. Are bikes the same? Sorry for the guess, I don't know the newer bikes at all. Best of luck,

"I wish EBR had a darn phone number to call"

EBR's number is 262-642-1627

Sound to me, IAC Calibration got messed up, heat can do it too, I ride mine for about 30 miles, stop for 15 minutes, refire, and the IAT is real hot, it goes into "Spark Skip Mode", gets some air around it, it smooths right back down