Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $125 labor to mount tires?

my local dealer charges $125 to put tires on my bike, that seems like they are charging me twice! does that sound right to you guys? I will pay it if it does, but if not what are my other options to get them on?

no no no...

I just put new tires on my bike for a total of $39 or so including the balance. I already had the tires of the bike, and just took the rims in. Which in "most" cases is cheaper then just taking the bike in.

I would look around. If you went to the H-D shop, they always charge you full price for pretty much anything. Look at other dealers. Should be able to find something cheaper then that.

the cost if I take the wheels off myself is $110, not enough of a discount to justify my time and effort. no one else in town will touch it because its a buell. I have to drive 70 miles or so to the buell dealer.

Thats insane. Wheels and tires are wheels and tires no matter where they are made. I must say I love my new bike, but miss my old mechanic. He wont work on my buell so im still taking it to the H-D service guys till I can find an honest local mechanic.

Yup...tire mounting is a rip off. I finally found a place to change mine for about $70 but paid the dealer I bought my bike from $160. The H-D dealership wanted $300!! I've had so many problems with the disrespectful/insulting service from H-D that when deciding what to spend my 18K on for a two up bike for my girl and I, I decided to go with BMW. I love my Buell...but H-D is a joke.

This winter I'm buying a mounting station and learning to do it myself.

Yep, $120 is about the going rate. I have a small shop near me that will do it for $20 a tire if I bring just the wheels and buy the tires from him (Tires at 10% over dealer cost :D)

Thats crazy we charge $50 at our shop for labor and thought that was a steal... guess we should jack up the price:)

found local shop charged $20 ea. h-d wanted way too much and rude s.o.b.s to boot. i ll never give em money again if i can help it. skellybuell, please dont lower yourself to that. stay true to your fellow riders.

I recently put on some new tires at the hd shop. I dropped the bike off and told them I wanted new tires and to throw on some frame pucks. When I got the qoute for the work I was ****ing shocked. 200 in labor to put the tires on, and 45 in labor to put the frame pucks on! I laughed in the dudes face. 30 minutes labor for frame pucks at 90 an hour!! what a ****ing joke. you think out of customer satisfaction and the need for repeat buisness they would not try to scam their customers. As a result I will never do buisness with hd ever again unless completely necessary.

just got metzler's on front and rear along with a oil change... cost me $445 to take rims off with old tires put new tires on balanace them both and oil change... and he took off about $85-$90 for me! Hook-ups are the best!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast