Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Screamin' loud

What is the most loud, everyone can hear me coming a mile away exhaust, hotrod exhaust?
    no silencer, no header

I have one on order but I was just curious if I will find it annoying on long trips?
    spent 13hours on the bike this saturday and had no problems with it.

Yeah mine is ok on long trips. Its just the constant hummmmmm thats annoying. When you get off the expressway everything sounds quieter, kinda funny. My wife bitches about it but thankfully I become sorta deaf so it's all good.

My wife bitches about it but thankfully I become sorta deaf so it's all good.

what are the chances of making the bike quieter? Loud is ok, but i would actually like to be able to go for a ride with out scaring all the wild life for miles. Im not looking to go 150mph so some loss of topspeed is not a big deal, but i would like to hear myself think on occasion. And cruising down some of the smaller streets, the windows seem to rattle. Yeah i know i could have gotten a import if i wanted quiet, but i couldnt pass up the deal on the Firebolt (I really wanted the Ullyses, but im too short to stop comfortably)

what are the chances of making the bike quieter?
    i would suggest a stock muffler or the race.

stock is quiet, but if you would like more performance with sound within limits, the buell race muffler is the way to go.

downside? due to environmental laws, buell is not allowed to make them anymore, so they are hard to find (atleast here in euro country)

I have what I think is the race muffler...came with the bike....duals, chrome...and a Harley emblem...I think it's the stage one...k&n, ecu and muffler. Sound is good, plenty loud under hard accel, nice lumpy grumbly idle. Don't know if I'd go Jardine...don't want to be that popular.....if you know what I mean.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12