Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Surging, stalling, intemermitent engine light???????

Hi rrh481,
    Do you know which values in the ECM that the dealer changed? I'm having the same problem and would love to know. (My ECMSpy and cable should arrive in mail next week).
    Thanks!

Im also having some surging, stalling, really rough running issues. My xb12ss was running fine, and then all of a sudden started coughing, surging, running EXTREMELY rough, backfiring, etc.

Ive used gas from the place all of the time though.

Put new plugs in didnt change anything. Ordered plug wires today. Both plugs have plenty of spark.

Trouble code 11 TPS short to ground. So i guess ill tear it apart and c if theres a bad wire?? dunno kinda flyin by the seat of pants.

I'll call tomorrow and ask what values were bad. One of the values went bad due to the cap on the little nipple on the throttle body fell off, but I'll call and check tomorrow.

RRH, did you ever get the info from the dealer?

Maser, any resolution to your issues?

Having very similar issues on my 06 Uly. Rides fine for a while, then I get some missing or surging. Mostly happens over 4k RPMs. I back off the throttle and all seems well. I've had a couple of instances where I'm cruising along and get a series of backfires and the engine stalls. I can start it right up and it runs ok though.

I've put 10k on it since it last had a serious service. Could something have wiggled since then to be causing this behavior?

I installed a comfort kit on my 08 XB12XT this summer just after I bought the bike. Papers with the kit said I needed to have my dealer flash the ecm with the latest download because of the reroute of the air. I did this in August, the kid at the dealership had a hard time getting my bike and his laptop to "communicate". He finally got it to work, and the bike runs like crap. Acts cold-natured in the mornings, like a carbed bike, and it makes a lot of breather noise at acceleration, like it's not getting enough air. Also, found oil in the breather element, around the crankcase vents, but I may have had too much oil in it for a brief while. I only run premium gas (92-93 octane) and check the oil regularly. This bike only had 671 miles on it when I bought it this summer, the previous owner had died of something and his widow had the dealer sell it. Any ideas?
    Thanks!

Its still under waranty take it back to harley

weird, in what you describe you would think a earth problem.
    No wires rubbing somewhere?

No, I haven't got anything figured out yet. I think I'm going to just bite the bullet and let the local Buell shop find it and fix it.

I had the same problem and fixed it easily (at least on my bike!). I'm in Austin, TX and the temps have been over 100 degrees most of the summer, and I've been riding in the midst of the heat, often in the city. So I noticed that it began to run as you stated, especially after it had been run and cooled down only for an hour or two (it was still hot). I think that super heat caused the electronics to overcompensate on many fronts, so I ordered the ECMSpy and cable. Did a TPS reset and it runs like a Swiss watch. 2006 Ulysses with 13,000 miles (bought used in early summer).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast