Thread: Painting...

need tips on removing/installation of seat rails prior to painting. is there anything that should be given more or less attention during dismantling the rear end? don't want to have one of those "oh, ****" moments before and after painting.:D

I just assembled an S tail you want the easiest way to do it? PICTURES, PICTURES, PICTURES!!!!! Get some zip sandwich bags and tape every screw, bolt, washer small part to the piece its going back in/on!!! Label every bag and picture make sure you take a complete array of pictures to help you!! I would suggest before and after pics honestly! Take a picture, then take the piece off and take another picture!! I know it sounds like a pain but it took me two months and allot of beer and cussing to get the damn tail on!!! Just my opinion!!!

I NO A GUY WHO PAINTED HIS ON THE BIKE N IT WAS HARD TO TELL IT FROM MY SONS WE TOOK ALL APART.ITS NOT THAT HARD BUT LABELING DEF HELPS.THERE REALLY ISNT ALOT THERE TO MESS UP I JUST TAKE OF THE FEWEST PARTS POSSIBLE N LEAVE ANYTHING U CAN IN TACK NO NEED TO COMPLETELY DISMANTLE

will do, lots of masking tape and zip locks on hand for labeling, have a 32 GB disc loaded for pics and the parts manual to reference also...thanks guys:D

There really isn't much there to worry about except the ground wires, almost everything else will be attached to the under tray. The pita is running the turn signal and stop lamp wires. Youe just painting the rails so when you remove a bolt lightly screw it back in its location that way it can't get mixed up.