Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "SYSTEM VOLTAGE" on the Cluster?

Let me give you guys a little background info on whats been happening. First, I installed my race ECM yesterday, reset TPS and IAC adjustment (idle for 10 minutes). The bike ran fine for a 12 mile easy city ride. When I got home today, my K&N filter came in, so I installed it, and did yet another TPS reset and 10 min idle. Right after I reset the TPS after my filter install, I went up the street and noticed a black screen with "---------System Voltage------" on the display. I came to a stop and it turned back on to normal mode. I turned around to go back to my house and the same thing happened. When I got to my house (at a stop) the screen came back on. After this I disconnected the battery for 15 minutes. After reconnecting the battery I let the bike idle for 10 minutes. I then posted my thread on the forum. As of this point in time I have installed the stock ECM and air filter and plan on doing another TPS reset, and idling the bike for about 10-12 minutes before bringing it down to my harley dealer. I will attempt to replicate the event with my GOPro HD Hero but we will see what happens. Is there any way for the dealer to find out what is wrong with the bike without me recording a replicated event? Sorry I am asking so many questions. I just want to get this solved to I can install my race ecm and filter back in the bike and ride. Thanks for all of your input.
    ATF

ps don't worry about the pipe or kn.
    do put the stock ecm in don't worry about a tps .
    it will run fine without a tps reset.
    if they do allot of buells they should know that is a r/r problem aka regulator.
    it just gives you more ground if you have a video and say hey look at this.
    ps the other stuff you did has nothing to do with this issue it's common failure with or without mods.

Good deal, thanks RT. Looks like i will be getting a ride to work for the next few days until i can take it down to brandon harley. I will keep you guys posted.

ATF

I thought it was a r/r problem at first also, but ended up being the relay....just read the thread below.

Badweb thread

As I said in my first post, I replaced the harness relay and it works perfect again just as 1125cr did in the badweb thread.

Good deal, thanks guys!

you likely have a ground issue 039r.
    Shunt r/r require grounds to shunt the voltage off.
    There is no pysical way the relay turning one leg on and off the stator could create excessive voltage.

Yeah, your probably right. Thats why the voltage stopped creeping up and the ic doesn't show system voltage after I replaced the relay. Btw, I don't have any issues.....thats my point.

There is no pysical way the relay turning one leg on and off the stator could create excessive voltage
    Think about what you just said RT? Correct, but were not talking about a "excessive" voltage. The relay could cause the third leg not to turn on at all.

When the charging system fails to charge or does not charge
    at the normal rate (low battery voltage indicator lamp and
    SYSTEM VOLTAGE LCD message)

^Taken straight from the recall.

I ride with 03 all the time and the Relay is what fixed his and many others. But AFT if its under warranty and u want to take it in go ahead. But if it was mine I would replace the relay for 10 bucks and avoid HD at all cost.

I will keep these things in mind! Thanks fellow buell/mustang owner!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast