Thread: .Msq file?!? I am trying to load a race map.. assistance?

I am attempting to load a race map on my stock ecm using ecmspy(01 x1). I have maps that were shared with me but all are .txt files. When I load it only recognizes .msq files.

Can I convert the .txt to .msq? Am I missing something simple?!?!

Thanks!

There are some really good threads on here about this, may be a little difficult to find some of them.

here is a tip I used from a different thread

"Worse comes to worse, open the race map, copy over the fuel/timing maps, then manually input them into the eeprom you read from your bike and burn changes. It's an extra step, I know, but it'll at least get you to where you want to be."-theoctopus

here's the thread: http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Foru...ading-race-map

Super Moderator
    Forget that last quote.

Those .txt files are probably full EEPROMs. Try loading them as such in ECMSpy and report back. If they populate all the parameters, they're full EEPROMs, in which case you can navigate over to the maps tab and save them. Then load your current EEPROM, go to the maps tab again, load the .msq file you saved from the race EEPROM, and burn changes.

Tanks Octo... that mad perfect sense and yes the .txt file I had was the full EEPROM. But just like on the thread BPlass linked to I have a different version. My stock EEPROM is BUEJA120 and the race EEPROM is BUEKA120.

So from what I undertsand I either need to manually enter all the maps or find some one to share the .msq file or a BUEJA120 EEPROM with me?

save your eeprom, load the race eeprom, save race maps, load your saved eeprom load race maps and burn

Gotcha. I thought I could only save maps after they burned. But your saying i can save them after loading only! I will try it.

In the mean time i found and burned some ones custom maps with great success. She runs like a pissed off gorilla. Best she has run since she has been mine.

I want to se the difference between this custom map and the race map. Choose the best one and see of i can't improve out from there.

Thanks guys... Its like a new bike!

yep, don't have to burn to save

Think my test ride was too short. I better go give it some more butt dyno time