Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this a good buy?

As my name would suggest i am new to riding buells as the rider but was on my dads S3T when i was much younger, I am looking at buying this XB12S and he has done a few modificatiobs and i am hoping to get a honest, knowledgable opinion on if this bike seems legitimate.
    Thanks for the help.
    New_Guy

http://reading.craigslist.org/mcy/2614077389.html

Hmmm! Seams like its in the middle of being modded. By the pics it looks a little un-kept or weathered. I would ask for better pics for sure.

Kelley Blue Book value states it's worth $5015, so it seems like a great deal. Check other listings in your area and compare.
    In reality mods do not add to the market value unless the stock parts are included and you can convert the bike to stock at any time.
    But from what I can see in the pics there are front fender, chin spoiler, front pulley cover and belt guards are missing.
    Don't be fooled by "ECMspy kit" - it's a software (you can download for free) + $40 cable to hook up your lap top to the bike and play with fuel maps and a lot of other stuff. Since you're novice, you don't want to play with it yet.
    Go check out the bike, look for any damage, possibly ride it around the block or something.

After reading through the bull**** verbiage, it sounds like a good deal. $4200, needs tires, 3K (or 5K?) miles, fender eliminator (good), jardine pipe (ok), riser+bars (good) and + ecmspy cable (good). It also has bar-end mirrors (good).

It's a pretty good deal. Tires will set you back a couple hundred. I would split the difference on the tires with him and buy it - IF it looks and sounds good.

Not a steal by any means, but i think its a solid deal assuming there is no damage or anything.

Didn't notice the missing fender and chin spoiler that MAGIC points out. The rear rotor/caliper replacement seems odd to me. Be careful.

Yeah the brake replacement seems odd. Remapped with ECMspy cable? I find it hard to believe to was tuned right when the guy doesn't even know what his bike is called.

BUT... 2007 XB12S bikes are almost impossible to find. It's the best year for XBs and it's a regular S model.

Thanks for all the info, i will be careful, yeah the rotor replacement does seem a little odd, any red flags to look for on the lightning? Also it has red wheels but a black tank and windscreen, so hopefully he has stock parts.

Check to see if he has painted the plastics. Jardine gotta go they do nothing but leak. Cough cough Hawk muffler. Price sounds ok but i wuld pick over that thing real heavy. I kinda bought a lemon few months back. But i getting her into shape. GL mate !

Buell-XB-Buyers-Guide

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast