Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 110 leaded race fuel

Just like it says, can we run this in our bikes? The BP near me sells this stuff and its 110 octane but contains lead. I have seen guys with bikes using it ( Harleys ). Are there any pros/cons to running it? Or just stay away? It's also pushing $8/Gal

thought lead containing fuel was banned all over the world for environmental reasons?!

and it it's above 98 octane, it also contains ethanol. :o

there are several goals to racing fuel:
    - get more hp out or your engine
    thanks to the higher mon value, higher compression ratio's can be used in the racing engines.
    unless our engine has been changed, this is of no use to buell.
    - get a beter burning rate
    the ethanol/fuel mixture has a faster burning rate, which gives a better, more efficient burn at higher rpm's.
    since buell is a low-rev engine, this is of no use to us.
    - cooling
    ethanol containing fuel can cool the intake & combustion chambre more efficiently, which creates an environment that is more dense and can pack more air.
    more air => more fuel => need a custom remap for sure!
    - better energy value
    because of better cooling and better AF ratio of the ethanol/fuel mixture, it can burn more fuel, thus creating more power.
    more fuel needs more air => custom remap, ram air possibility !

since ethanol contains air, so does ethanol containing fuels. this means you need to richen up you mixture even more...@ 8$ a pop, that will be a nice savings account. :p

so my conclusion would be...
    unless you're running a flowed 1425cc turbocharged, custom mapped engine in your buell, i would not recommend using racing fuel. ;)

Any idea where I can get

flowed 1425cc turbocharged, custom mapped engine
    ? Just wondering...I'm making plans for my money, I'm getting deployed next year, and lets just say that most of my friends bought corvettes with the money they saved when they got back stateside...

you can have all parts shipped from the netherlands...i'll show you this machine & the techs involved in it ;):D

KK, got some specs on that thing? In all reality I want to get my 9s up to about 140hp and 80ft/lb torque...

I don't think it's good to run leaded fuel in a fuel injected vehicle. If you wanted to run race fuel, someone makes 108 octane unleaded race fuel(forget which company though). Also like LeFox said, I'm not sure you would benefit from using race fuel in your stock bike, sure would smell nice though.

Do not run leaded fuel in you bike it will eat the injector up and o2 sensors

Thought so...I asked there and they said most guys mix it 50/50. They typically dont run it straight, still...probably not worth it then.

Hmm, octane booster and premium, if you add enough for about a 20gallon tank then you will get good results...that's what I do, but I do it no more often than 1 out of every 4 times I fill up, cheaper than race fuel too...and you will notice a performance upgrade, but probably more so if you open up the airbox.

Quote Originally Posted by FIDOSOL
    KK, got some specs on that thing? In all reality I want to get my 9s up to about 140hp and 80ft/lb torque...
    nah, due to the fact that they opened their new shop they didn't have time to set it up & run it like they wished.

they had the chance to ran it without fine tuning & rider specific setup and it came in 3rd.
    had about a 4g pull at start :o

---------------------------------------------------

on another note, ethanol eats standard rubbers, etc...so you'll need to equip your bike with all needed hardware.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast