Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 110 leaded race fuel

on another note, ethanol eats standard rubbers, etc...so you'll need to equip your bike with all needed hardware.
    The lower the amount of ethanol the longer it will take, granted IT WILL HAPPEN! It takes a substantial amount of time. Best to listen to LeFox's advice though.

LeFox, got anything to say on the subject of Octane Booster?

Yes plz LeFox, I can only find 92 around here and would put a teaspoon of booster in every fill up but iv heard lots of bad about it so, Iv just been sticking with the 92 and hating it.

You won't see any difference just putting race fuel in your bike. You have to tune your bike for the fuel to see any results (advance timing, more boost in turbo or S/C application) Yes, it is supposed to wear out your 02 sensor faster, but I used tank fulls and tank fulls of 110 leaded Turbo Blue race fuel in my Evo VIII over the course of 3 years and never had an o2 sensor go out.

It's useless on a mostly stock bike until you go with crazy high compression pistons or forced induction. You would actually run rich and loose performance by just putting it in without tuning. From my experience using race fuel, I don't think it would hurt the bike, there's just no advantage to using it.

Hey Thaloc, I can say with certainty that adding enough octane booster for a 20 gallon to my tank 1 out of every 4 fillups hasn't hurt it yet, (for at least 2000k) Octane booster is designed to work with modern engines, just not all aluminum ones.

Story time!

My friends wife put an entire bottle of octane booster in her Geo ( the eggy shaped 2 door). It's an all aluminum 3 cylinder, she melted, and I mean that literally, the engine block.

Good thing we're not running an aluminum engine...

Quote Originally Posted by FIDOSOL
    Good thing we're not running an aluminum engine...
    yes we are, just the internal parts are not. :o

LeFox, got anything to say on the subject of Octane Booster?
    don't have the need for it since our standard fuel is 95 & 98, which is good enough for the buell.

if your engine is having problems with the 92ron (probably be during summer or when it's hot?), i don't think an bit of octane booster will hurt.
    although, this is just a guess!
    but i overlooked the manual, it there are no comments on the use of octane booster.

Once again LeFox is correct, I should have been more specific, so here we go...

If you are driving a Geo...Octane Booster= Bad Day..
    oh and go shoot yourself :p

If you are riding a Buell...Octane Booster= No melted engine parts... and go hug yourself

Hey Premium Fuel in the states is 93 Octane, not Ron, unless you are out west like california where some of it is only 91 Octane...

Europe ratings are RON
    US ratings are RON+MON/2

Typically 93 Octane (US) is comparable to about 97-98 Ron (EU)

Just wanted to put that out there for everyone.

If you aren't running premium fuel in your bike you should be.

The manual says 91 Octane or 95 Ron

OOOOPPPPSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! I should have read my owners manual more carefully...

Do not use race gass or octane boosters. Use of these fuels will damage the fuel system.

if you have cheveron stations in your area try them best running in my bike and around here they carry the highest octain of any station here of 93.

FIDO

Store bought octane booster will only raise the octane 2-3 points. That would make 93 oct into 93.2 or 93.3.... As for the Geo engine melting, I doubt the octane booster had anything to do with it.

If you want something that actually does something get some Toulene, Xylene, or Methyl-tertiary-butyl-ether (MTBE) I know a lot of guys that have been using Xylene for years in their turbocharged cars.

Toulene
    R+M/2...114
    Mixtures with 92 Octane Premium
    10%...94.2 Octane
    20%...96.4 Octane
    30%...98.6 Octane

Xylene
    R+M/2...117
    10%...94.5 Octane
    20%...97.0 Octane
    30%...99.5 Octane

Methyl-tertiary-butyl-ether (MTBE)
    R+M/2...118
    10%...94.6 Octane
    20%...97.2 Octane
    30%...99.8 Octane

Quote Originally Posted by LeFox (myself)
    if your engine is having problems with the 92ron (probably be during summer or when it's hot?), i don't think an bit of octane booster will hurt.
    although, this is just a guess!
    but i overlooked the manual, it there are no comments on the use of octane booster.
    Europe ratings are RON
    US ratings are RON+MON/2
    Typically 93 Octane (US) is comparable to about 97-98 Ron (EU)
    that is what i wanted to point out, cause with 92r+m/2, your engine should have no problem. ;)

also, i would like to point out an error in my posted quoted above...the buell manual does state not to use any octane booster...sorry :o

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast