, serial, warranty, feb-mar, build, throttle, bliping, clutch, looked, neutral, coasting, times, randomly, coming, cases, kicking, relay, lights, random" /> Tell me if my stator is going. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tell me if my stator is going.

sounds like stator-----------------mine was doing the same thing just recently, 04 firebolt. i replaced the battery, starter relay, starter solenoid, and THEN finally after all of that it was the stator. and of course, i changed the voltage regulator at the same time
    if you see a bad spot on it like this (mine a few weeks ago), you SIR, will be purchasing a new stator!! haha

and o ya, i forgot, GOOD LUCK FINDING ONE, i ordered from americansportbike.com, they said a few months to get one. i called local harley shop and they said only two left in the country sitting on a shelf, i said where? one in bumville, i don't even remember where, and the other in a way up in the mountains town in colorado (can't remember name either), called my friend said get your ass over there please. he did, purchased and overnighted it to me.........so i got lucky i guess.

Get a rewind forget original as same grief worth the money and the head f#@k.best investment good luck

I decided to really pull the harness upgrade completely out in a little frustration today. Does this look like its all plugged back to original expect for this one lead that looks like it could lead to the ECM? Looked at pics in the Service manual regarding the solenoid which looks right. But the one hanging off there doesn't have a mate. I can't help tinkering with the bike. aarrgghhhhh... got an appointment for them to pick it up.

-J

thats the added on actuator feed for the selnoid
    just tape it up

Being foolish and overjoyed upon learning I am still under warranty I decided to try and make it to Annapolis HD/Buell. After a good 2 day charging on the tender I made it halfway. I pulled over at 9.2v before I figured she would die on me at speed. The truck is on it's way while I type this. Display reported 11.9v at start up and stayed at 11.4-11.5 for awhile as I kept the speed up. But she started going down in volts eventually. Weather is so clear and just couldn't resist the impulse.

-J

i too am going thru the 1125cr stator problem, had the upgrade harness put on and when it was in harley today to figure the prob even the upgrade harness ends r brownd from the regulator arcing out. the stator is also screwed. its bad enough that those of us that bought an 09cr before the blowout sale paid over double the price, now we all r faceing the caugh up 1100 dollars for the stator, couple hundred for the regulator and have to buy a wire harness that was put in the bike to solve the problem that we r all faceing now. dont get me wrong i love the bike but there should be some help from buell or hd on a serious problem.

Damn its been 10 days. Almost forgot what she feels like. Almost. Got her back this afternoon, cruised around as much as I could. Kept her up near and over 5k RPM during the ride home, some 52 miles. Hit triple digits at some key spots just to get the feeling back. Voltage hit up near 14.3v and generally hovered around 13.9-14.10v. Only hit a few stop lights, voltage settled to around 13.9 at idle and then down to 12.9 when the fans kick on. Damn its good to ride again...to Annapolis HD.

-J

Hopefully ur good to go now! Disheartening I know but at least the stealer-ship is working with ya! All I get from my local is snide comments...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12