, reset, holes, delete, coughed, fiber, immaculate, carbon, bought, rebreather, times, riding, coughs, neighborhood" /> xb9r...a little help
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: xb9r...a little help

Hey guys, Just bought an 03 xb9r all carbon fiber, race kit, immaculate. I love it, however, I read about the rebreather hose update and after doing it, it seems my bike coughs more than before. I went for a 10 min. ride and it coughed 4 times riding around the neighborhood. Before it would cough maybe once in a while. I also noticed when I had the airbox off, doing the update, it has the K&N but fully enclosed airbox no holes in it. what could be up? Also, if I do the airbox delete, do I need to reset the tps or something? Thanks guys, great site, a lot if help

You have an 03. There should be a vent built into the airbox. It shoots down through a hole in the frame on the shifter side of the tank.
    I'd make sure everything is tight and the pcv valves on the rocker boxes are snug and in good shape. Lots of people get different results with the breather reroute. Some don't notice any change at all, others will notice a smoother ride and low rpms. Some pics of what you did might help some of us with diagnosing if somethings wrong.

if it still has the snorkel you should take that out.

Thanks J, so you say the 03 already has a vent? If so where? Did I do it for nothing? I saw the two hoses go into the airbox from the bottom. I pulled out the hoses and put a tee there, then ran a hose off the tee under the seat and put another tee with the filter then 6 inches of drain line terminated behind heel plate on left side. When I took off the airbox cover I only saw one vacuum hose and not 3 lines like I see in other photos. Is that because of different fuel injection system? Hey Wolf you think I should take out the long rubber snorkel? what would that do if I dont have the airbox delete kit. If I did the airbox mod, do I have to reset or recalibrate anything for the change in airflow? I will get pics when i get home. Thanks bros

he's talking about a vent into the airbox, you're talking about the reroute

the snorkel basically cuts the airflow rather than help redirect it.

taking it out helps more air get into the box. you don't really need the airbox delete kit. the one vacuum hose is it on top the inner airbox cover? running from the gas tank, if so that's the vent. the breather rerout is basically making it so the residue doesn't go into your airbox and breathes through it's own filter

I did the breather reroute and it seems to not help at all, almost worse. Not sure yet. What can be the problem. After the ride I drained it and some water came out. There is one hose off the gas vent. Yes. If I take out the snorkel do I need to calibrate anything? tps,ECM? Will it make a difference? Thanks

you can try a tps reset and see if it helps

did you use the original hose or did you use the hose you bought to replace it all?
    when I did mine the first time I noticed the original hose would kink easier, so if you reused any of it I'd replace it. once I used the stuff I bought (it was stronger) it actually worked. the first time made it run horribly

How do I do a tps reset? I will check for kinks and possibly change. Thank you wolf

do you have an ecm spy cable?

No. Is that something I need to get. Hooked up to laptop with software? Can a HD dealer do it $$$? How much and where do I get it and how do I use it?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast