, reset, holes, delete, coughed, fiber, immaculate, carbon, bought, rebreather, times, riding, coughs, neighborhood" /> xb9r...a little help - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: xb9r...a little help

J checked out your profile pic of your bike. Was that pic from Glendale,middle village area? I am originally from middle village.

no problem, I try to help when I can

That would be cool if we met up so you can look over the bike and see what i have or what I need...... maybe that pic was from astoria.

I'm in south richmond hill, close to the queens nassau border. Exit 4 (liberty avenue) on the van wyck. We have another member (BuellGaza- 12R) in Middle village and now a member (Dynasty-9S) in midtown. We havent actually been able to ride together yet. A matter of getting everyone's bike up and running at the same time... we did do some garage meet ups though.

Cool, maybe some time next week we can meet up, I would like to pick your brain. Are days good for you? I will I.m. You

05 xb9r lighting, help I put my bike away, in November and when I tried to start it this week. It only back fires and my Ecm app saying broken pipe . I check some line and look ok . Thanks

You probably know that other fella with the river of gas running down his intake. Check tire pressure and make sure your insurance is up to date. If not, maybe a new set of grips and a belt should do the trick. Is the run switch in the correct position?

Parked for a year, won't start, and the FIRST thing you look at is the Magic Black Box under the seat??
    Dude. Start with the BASICS.
    1) Fuel. Is it new? Clean? Does it smell like fuel in the garage now? Will it start if you spray a LITTLE starting fluid (NOT carb cleaner...) down the TB?
    2) Air. Did something make a nest in the air box?
    3) Spark. Got battery? Is it cranking fast? Is there spark?. Crank it while the throttle is a little open and...

"Broken Pipe" means your Bluetooth dongle isn't communicating with the phone/tablet. Nothing at all to do with the bike.

I'd bet my Doge coin collection that your plugs are now fouled from repeated cold start attempts. Maybe thats your only problem? Maybe it's one of many, but the plugs need to be removed and cleaned or replaced now. First. With a wrench, not a phone app.

Quote Originally Posted by flyinarmbar View Post
    Hey guys, Just bought an 03 xb9r all carbon fiber, race kit, immaculate. I love it, however, I read about the rebreather hose update and after doing it, it seems my bike coughs more than before. I went for a 10 min. ride and it coughed 4 times riding around the neighborhood. Before it would cough maybe once in a while. I also noticed when I had the airbox off, doing the update, it has the K&N but fully enclosed airbox no holes in it. what could be up? Also, if I do the airbox delete, do I need to reset the tps or something? Thanks guys, great site, a lot if help
    --------------------------------

take it out on a nice long ride here and there stop let it sit and do a few shut downs and hot starts through out your ride it may cough even harder but you help simulate the problem more often for it to adjust adaptive values if its just hasn't caught up with the changes
    run your bike.

test your battery check main fuse

maybe think about updating voltage regulator and stator if battery keeps losing juice and not enough cold cranks to turn but enough to power dim lights

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast