Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sleepless night, think my dogs just saved my family from a home invasion...

I live out in the middle of no where, with just a few neighbors. Within the past year, we have all had **** either stolen, or attempted to be stolen.
    So tonight, Im sitting upstairs on the couch, watching Craig Ferguson. The windows were open towards the front, as its a BEAUTIFUL night tonight. I heard my dogs both start freaking out outside. Now we have bear, wolves, coyotes, deer, etc... so Im used to them barking at those animals randomly.
    This was different, they were both pissed about something, and were going after something. I ran outside with my flashlight and called for them. My Akita came right back, but our Australian Sheppard was growling and looking down the road to the east. I ran out to her, and could hear a set, or few sets of foot steps running off.
    I called Mille Lacs County, and they said if the people ran, there is not much they can do, but that they would alert any officers in the area to keep an eye out for anything suspicious.
    Looks like a sleepless night for this guy...

Sounds like the dogs deserve a treat.

Great dogs man, they defiantly deserve a major treat. The incident that happened sucks

f$#k i hate thieves...they are the scum of society. We go to work to earn and scrimp/save for our treasures only for some arsewhipe to get outta bed at 11am and break into someones property and leaf what they worked hard for. Pity your pooches didn't tear their scrotums to bits.

Do you have any guns, I dont go out chasing them, I let them come inside so I can pull the trigger to my hearts content

Mille Lacs County Minnesota? That Meth is a helluva drug!

Sucks man, we had a quad stolen about a year ago and never found it.

I had a similar experience with my dog takin charge. She woke me up in the middle of the night barking like a crazy person. I grab my shotgun and head to the door and there was a javelina going through my trash.

I do have guns, and slept on the upstairs couch with my USP 40 on my right hip, loaded with 12rnds, and another 36 rnds on my left hip...

Toofst, yeah it is MN. I moved up here with my wife after we both got out of the service, and my private security contracts were done. I never knew what meth was till we moved back here, and I had a crazy youth ;)

Dogs both are enjoying a meaty bone right now!!! Its funny, my Akita came right away to say "DAD, something is out there" but then turned right back around and was staring intently in the direction of where my other dog was ready to go ape**** on something. Our Aussie, was just ready to rip into something. She was PISSED!!! I kept looking out the window, and all night the Aussie was posted up, right under one of our lights, staring off in that direction. When I got my daughter off to the bus this AM, Bell (the aussie) was still sitting there, but immediately started bounding around, and loving up on us. My Akita, Storm, was passed out cold by our bedroom window behind the house...

Can we give rep points to the dogs?! A good dog is a GREAT friend to have. Glad it turned out to be all good.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast