Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ecm spy loading maps?

ok i know im dumb, but ne way heres the ??? I've got these files that came with my ecmspy cable that say they r race maps for different years models etc. they're txt files. they dont look similar to a map they look like eeprom. so how do i use them??? or can i???

load the eeprom you want and save the maps from it

fetch your eeprom

load the map you saved

burn it

may want to save a copy of your eeprom first

so do i copy and paste the text file to eeprom in ecmspy?

no, should be able to load it with ecmspy

youre diving into something most would recommend you ONLY do with VERY VERY DETAILED AND THOROUGH KNOWLEDGE.

the ecm is the brains of your bike and therefore youre doing BRAIN SURGERY.

first off, you always always alwasy save your stock eeprom in a safe place (multiple places even) incase anythign at all goes wrong you can reload stock eeprom and start back from the beginning.

youll get somewhat differing opinions on premade maps but im going to throw mine out here just incase.

they're somewhat BS, the best and most efficient way to get YOUR BIKE SPECIFICALLY, to RUN TO ITS MAXIMUM POTENTIAL is to tune based on these criteria:
    1. THE bike you ride on a regular basis (k&n, muffler, etc.)

2. WHERE you ride on a regular basis (altitude, weather, humidity, etc.)

3. HOW you ride (track, city streets, if for some reason you only put your bike on a dyno, you installed wings and you fly your bike, etc.)

A PREMADE MAP DOES NOT TAKE ANY OF THIS INTO ACCOUNT, and this is also why some bikes run GREAT on ebr ecms and some will not even start NOR run PERIOD, and some will run like complete DOG****.

all of this is done through datalogging your bike (done with ecmspy) and then making corrections and designing your own fuel map and eeprom----or if youre scared to learn or scared to even bother at all you have someone like theoctopus do all this for you. the tuniversity link is on the right side. ive talked to him before and talked to people who he has instructed and he is VERY good at what he does. i would highly highly consider paying him to walk you through this process, YOU WILL GET WAAAAAAAAAY MORE OUT OF YOUR BIKE, which will be better in the long run. diving into this sort of thing (it sounds like) they way you are, is going to be a very tedious and very dissapointing process because theres a million and half things to take into account to make your bike run really well

so with all that being said, pay theoctopus to SHOW you how to do it, or pay theoctopus to DO IT FOR YOU, he has different packages, just browse around and decide which one works best for you.

that being said..
    A PREMADE MAP DOES NOT TAKE ANY OF THIS INTO ACCOUNT, and this is also why some bikes run GREAT on ebr ecms and some will not even start NOR run PERIOD, and some will run like complete DOG****.
    The stock map is a premade arbitrary map and the bikes run fine.

Also i would love to be able 2 pay someone to help me tune my bike, but i cant even afford the ecm i need (mine is supposedly bad) so i want to know how to flash either my old stock map/eeprom or a race version if i do air bix mod as well. Because i am look at buying a used race ecm that i have no idea what map is on it... so Ne body want to help me with that simple task? I'm not an idiot im just new to this deal.

never mind i retract my ? i'd to bother ne one with my stupidity

Hay man, noone is calling u stupid. Im trying to learn something about this mapping business also. I bought the cable of ebay, I have yet to find the service port

what model biked joslyn?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast