Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Painting

I've always liked that black and red hot rod look. Theres a few ways to do it well. First color choice if u want it 2 be really flashy u can use a mettalic black like PXR(chrystler paint code) brilliant black pearl and a cherry red try coat (pearl red with a candy coat over it). Scallops of red on the black look good but u need to accent them with a color that makes them pop like white or silver. Flat black with solid red (no mettalic) or pearl red also looks good. U can use mettalics with flat clear as well for unique look(mine is flat clear mettalic even the black outlines are pearly black)
    I want the old hot rod look with the Flat Black and red and I think I am leaning toward doing the rims in black and red (Black rim, Red Spokes and Black center's cant decide gloss or not) but I also wanna do something with the paint and not just black with plain red stripes. Any advice or a price to do it?
    Something like that including wheels would run about 800-1200$ depending on what u want exactly. could be cheaper if the desired look isnt super intracet the paint u want is cheap. I would suggest buying wheel powdercoated the color u want(like the cherry bomb ones) and using that red on your paint 2. Painting wheels is a real pain

I'm gonna be doing some painting lol

my colors don't match anymore

Well at this point that idea is too late!!! LOL I already boght the extra rims (Silver) and the extra plastics (Gloss Black)!! Think I will just have to do it in stages!!! Wheels first, then plastics. I'll check those color's out though! Thanks

silver might work if u use enuff silver in ur paint job
    Well at this point that idea is too late!!! LOL I already boght the extra rims (Silver) and the extra plastics (Gloss Black)!! Think I will just have to do it in stages!!! Wheels first, then plastics. I'll check those color's out though! Thanks

I'm gonna be doing some painting lol

my colors don't match anymore
    Yeah its time for a bit of tlc lol... its all good:D

I am not using any silver what so ever Flat Black and Red only!!!! I have a good powdercoater that does good work cheap for me, should I have him coat the wheels a base color then have the rest painted over?

yep that'll work. I dunno much about powder coating i wonder if the can do a two tone?? that'd b slick as hell.

Wolf I dont know if your old enough but in the 80's there was a movie winner takes all and that bike reminds me of it!!! HAHAHAHA

flat and gloss colors together can get tricky depending on the graphix u want. There will be 2 different coat of clear on the top instead of one single outer membrane. But it can be done and only produce a very minor ridge between the to sheens of clear. (flat clear can't be sanded and polished so theres no way to knock down the ridge.)

omg police colors
    just need to get white plastics lol ;p

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast