Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Bueller from Finland

Hi folks,

Here's new Bueller from Finland.

I just bought white XB12STT 2007. My previous bike was KTM RC8 - nice bike but I noticed I love naked bikes more. This one is more like my other previous bikes, Ducati Monster S4R or KTM Super Duke... I have also had two Japanese naked bikes, but they were quite lame/soulless.

Some modification made by previous owner(s):
    Normal XB12 front fender (black)
    Mirrors
    Blinkers
    STT front light grille and handguards removed
    Jardine slip-on
    Grips
    Short tail
    Pulley cover
    Upper belt cover
    Lower belt cover
    Lightning Long -saddle and passenger foot pegs

Future modifications:
    New dashboard from XBdashboard.com
    Blue clutch, brake levers and CNC-grips

I will add some pics later...

I'm VERY curious how you feel the bike compares as far as handling and all. All of those bike you've had are crazy awesome.

Welcome to the buell family!

Welcome to the forum and to the Buell family!

Whazzzzzzzzzzup Finland! Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you all. :)

Well, I have rode with Buell about 600 kilometers thus far, but I'll try...

I rode with Super Duke about 30 000 klicks. The riding position and seating height is very similar compared to STT. I don't remember exactly but I think STT is more agile than Duke, may be it depends on lower center of gravity. Anyway, the overall feeling and handling is quite similar, although Duke had little more power. The engine sound was very raw and mechanic with Leo Vince cans.

Both of these can be ride with torque, but Duke needed at least 3200-3500 minimum RPMs for smooth engine running.

STT is far more easier to drive in city traffic. Duke was for hooliganism and twisties only, and it was very annoying to drive in cities due to on/off throttle. Bigger rear sprocket helped some for this issue, but STT is more like allrounder to me.

Anyway, the Duke was best compromise thus far and it was very reliable bike and there was lot of fun factor with riding it.

The Ducati Monster S4R was equipped with Ducati Performance package with Termignonis and race ECU. With these mods it gave almost 150 horsies according to Ducati. The overall feeling was insane. The throttle response was very quick so unintended power wheelies were normal.

The usable RPM area was very wide, this is the biggest advantage of Ducati. And it have also very personal sound - deep bass sound at lower RPMs and infernal roaring/screaming at near max RPM. The two best sounding bikes i have owned are definitely Monster and Buell...

Both STT and Ducati have Showa front forks but Monster had little softer ones even I had adjusted the spring preloads and dampings.

Unfortunately I had major electrical issues with Monster (shortcut in starter motor damaged wiring harness) so I returned it to motorcycle store and took RC8 instead. My Ducati experience lasted only 5000 kilometers.

RC8 was a surgical instrument and therefore quite expressionless with legal speeds.. Okay, there was raw power and v-twin, but like I said, I like naked bikes more. To get right feeling I had ride too much over the speed limit. With RC8 you can do that, it's very quick in twisties, the suspension is best off all bikes I have ridden. And it's very light and stable bike also.

Overspeeding was also problem with straight lanes: police took my driving license away for three months and gave me 1550 euro speeding ticket because I accelerated from highway ramp too fast. :p

But if I'd have to choose superbike-like machine the RC8 will be the only one... But in everyday use it's quite dull with legal speeds.

Nice comparison writeup. Welcome to the Board and the Buell family. :D

Welcome!
    Nice info on your previous bikes! Sad to hear about the police, 3 months is a lot of time, and 1550 euros is a lot of money. For how many months do you get good riding weather in Finland?

Jezuz, we have about 5-6months of riding time here, so our bikes are winterstored for half of a year :( but because of long winter we have 6 months time to customize our bikes :D

and again, welcome to the family!

welcome to buellxb

Welcome! Have fun!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast