Thread: Utility Plug Mod.. Anyone done this?

Tried a search, but I'm looking to take my '07 XB9SX 700+ miles (1400 round trip), but my phone, which acts as my GPS and Pandora player, won't last that long. So I'm looking to mod in some kind of car charger style jack to get a good recharge going as needed. Could even be USB. I've seen someone do a USB style for a touring bicycle's generator hub, but has anyone done anything like this for their Lightning?

Also, I'll be shipping the bike to Japan soon. Any tips?

Idk about the lightning, but correct me if Im wrong someone.. The newer bikes come with an accessory charger (car charger), so Im sure the mod cant be too hard.

*edit.. so they may not come with it.. but heres a link for you...

http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Foru...d-on-the-XB9SX

oh thats exactly what I need. I know HD wants $200 for my heated grips to be installed. I've got the instructions for them, but I'd rather have a warrantied install done before I ruin my not so cheap grips or bar. The USB thing I could do myself, but I need my 07's schematics and a set of the 08's to compare ans see what I need to mod. Any idea, other than buying the separate service manuals if they're available anywhere?

I bought this for my wifes Sporty. If you have the battery charger plug it plugs right in and even if you don't they are easy to install.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/310308181703...84.m1497.l2649

She uses her iPhone to listen to the radio and stuff.

Ebay: Eklipes motorcycle power outlet.

15 shipped and it comes with the battery tender battery cable.

It's been done. Seen pics on here. Basically looked like the ignition switch hole but on the other side. It's "on my list". But that list is LOOOOOONG.....

Burns Moto

You can get it with a battery tender pig tail or just ring terminals and just wire straight to the battery, with a fuse of course.
    I've had one for a yr now, comes in very handy.

The Ulysses 08+ bikes have a easy bolt on kit that is somewhat waterproof and very easy to reach and utilize. Most that add on a Utility such as a power outlet can find most of what they need at the Auto parts store. The Dealership part is pricey but does fit right on Depending on the Bike it's installed on. Always put on a Battery Tender cable kit especially if you just install it straight from the Battery. At least a 10 OR no more than 15 Amp Fuse link inbetween your add on is needed for those to protect you from problems in the future. Tt is always a great Add On to your bike.Done properly and Insulated right will last for years.Call the Dealership and see if they will print out the Add on with instructions plus prices. Make sure if you just add on the Plug straight off the Battery Terminals to Plug in your Battery Tender after a ride Especially after a short Trip!*Jimi

Excellent! Looks like I"ll be buying these two first chance I get:

http://burnsmoto.com/usb-power-socket-weatherproof.php

http://www.buellparts.net/content-pr...l_harness.html

Thanks for all your help guys!

Woot! Ordered my BurnsMoto USB connector with rubber cap and SAE plug yesterday, and its already shipping out today. Should be here by the end of the week. I'll let you guys know how it worked out.