Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: anyone into snowboarding?

You guys got it. The-house is an awesome resource. I live about 10 minutes from their headquarters. Also, they have an outlet shop literally right next store, and they are not aloud to price anything over 500 bucks. I went to the retail store and looked at the 11 Burton Vapor..it was 1100 or so. I then went to the Outlet store, EXACT same board - 500 bucks.

Kona, I know you don't live in MN, but maybe I could go look at the outlet store for you and if the boards you are looking for are there, i buy them and send them to you and you pay me? just a thought. The house is awesome though. They back their products.

Whiskeymilitia.com is great too. You can score some great deals.

Also check out sierrasnowboard.com. They have some good clearances on last years stuff.

My last name is Burton, so I have been a Burton fanatic my whole life, been boarding since i was 8 (i am now 21). But that's not to say other brands don't make exceptional stuff as well.

thanks burton. If i was going to go that route id prob ask my friend who lives in northfield. He is in the cities all the time to see his GF. What i should do is just take a trip the the cities, Ive had fun times out there.

No problem man. that would make more sense anyway. You should make a trip to the cities...its a great place! Where are you living?

It might be worth the trip to see your buddy and pick up a sick board from the-house's outlet store..

im in kalamazoo MI so its quite the drive but ive done it before.

Yeah, you would definitely have to stay for more than a weekend to make it worth it. But you could!

All this talk has me wantin to go right now!! Too early here tho..anyway my friend bought a Ride board last year and it's really nice..rides smooth.

Man I got to go once last season when I was home on leave. Went to Smuggs in VT and there were hardly any trails open. Was a fun weekend though.

Bought a brand new GNU Altered Genetics last year, used to ride a Carbon Select but had a bit of an accident involving a ski lift pole a few years ago. Board actually saved my life.

Personally love GNU boards, also had great experiences with Option and Libtech. Really can't go wrong.

Went to Smuggs in VT
    Smugglers Notch is awesome. That was the first "real" mountain i went boarding on!

I live in MN now though...we don't have mountains..

As I mentioned I'm a Burton fan, but TBH any namebrand board company on the market is gonna have a board that is perfectly rideable for the average rider. Really it depends mostly on price and riding style! (pipe, park, all mountain, back country, etc.)

Of course other things include, brand loyalty and/or if you like the way a board looks...

Oh and check out Never Summer, they are made here in Colorado and have great reviews

yea im really not brand specific right now. i have an older burton but im open to new brands. right now im going off of reviews because without being able to demo them first what other choice is there. thanks for the suggestions.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast