Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bike vs School Bus

All,
    I had the horrific seat in the house watching a bike collide with the rear end of a buss…
    It was like the guy never saw the buss! He had just went over a speed bump and shifted into second gear, then a few yrd down the road BAM man down!
    See this buss was the same color of the back ground of dried up old yellow grass 3/X feet high. And those yellow lights they were not even on and this should be the other way around, when a bus is at a rail road track the lights should be flashing, maybe the stop sign out. Not sure on the stop.
    But ya no light yellow buss black stripe at bottom so on, even if he did see it and he did I would think that without all that flashing going on the bus was leaving and not stopped.
    See this seat was on my Buell Ulysses, I will release the video later after I find out if the company is going to come after me or not. After the crash the bike and I landed perfect so that the GOPRO could take it all in all the pain the anger u name it. You even get to see me trying to roll off the road because I’m now on the ground on the wrong side of the road, ROLL ROLL ROLL get off the road before you get run over!!
    I have nothing but Bruises broken/*no* pride and a broke bike,Took 2 days to get my legs back working on the rest of me now, I feel so ashamed over 10 yrs of riding exp leads to first crash like this :(>.
    I will release pic’s later as well as video, need to get some advise in case they come after me.
    PLEASE PLEASE Please all my brothers and sisters wear your gear, with all the gear I had on *not sure how* but I made it head first into the back of the buss pinned between bike and buss till bike slide under buss.Ya I am going to need some part to say the leaset.
    I will explain how this could happen to a sober person! But now is not the time, I need to find out first If they are going to sue me >.

Straw
    Ride safe my sisters and brothers.

Where are you from?

Netty,
    CA USA.
    Straw

damn sorry to hear that but at least your ok.

I know one thing, the stop sign is used when there is a child crossing the road (as well as the bus driver on foot with a stop sign).

I can see how it would happen with the background being the same color. I know when I'm riding, a lot of the time I look out for hidden dangers and I tend to pay less attention to the obvious ones.

Don't be too hard on yourself. It's called "an accident" for a reason.

Were there any witnesses?

Dave,
    No none.
    Straw

dude dont beat urself up, sh#t happens i dont think u'll be in ne legal trouble... i doubt u hurt the bus much;) hope ya heal quick. I was perdy embarrassed when i tagged the corner of my wifes car when i was pullin in the drive way and dumped it and bruised up my elbow and scraped the crap outa my bike but when u start talkin to guys that have been ridin for years about the accidents they have had they're usually more rediculous than glorious.

Heal up sir

dude if your anything like me you focus on everything around you and it is very very easy to miss something, thats why riding a bike is not the safest means of transportation. It will happen to everyone, when I ride and something startles me my heart drops, its impossible to see everything.

let us know what parts you need, Id be happy to help.

I don't think it was strawberry who was in the accident...i think he just witnessed it. I can't tell. It's written very strangely..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast