Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ulysses slightly off song

Hi Everyone, thanks for the input. Im reluctant to do the breather re route as the DIY plumbing looks a bit tacky. What precisely does the re route improve or eliminate???. I have noticed that with the warmer weather coming on, the bike runs a whole lot better on hot 25 degree plus days than on cold days, Any clues. I have emspy so will have a go at data logging and tuning the ecm once I have exhausted all of the obvious options. Sometimes I suspect a loose connection as the bike a big misfire then carries on as usual. Cheers, Stu

I was having misfires and this is what I found.... Not saying that its what your problem is, but it could be.....

where is that/which harness, cafe?

its the cam position sensor wires on the right side of the motor. The carbon fiber is the chin spoiler. Basically what i am saying is check you cam postion wires, they could cause misfireing. My experance was intermitent misfires, low rpms and cold weather DID increase the frequency. It took me a while to find it, and i was upset that it was so simple. I replaced the plugs, wires, and ignition module before I found it.

also the 9 primary gearing swap is popular. it will essentially make all your gears lower, and result in smoother and easier slow-speed riding.
    best part of all is it requires no corrections to the speedo/odo

I think I would first make sure maintenance is all up to date (clean air filter, etc) then fresh plugs and plug wires, then explore re-mapping the FI. Your symptoms are typical of both failing plugs/wires and a poor FI map (which is typical on many stock bikes, esp. big twins with crude FI systems like the Buell).

Hi Everyone, looks like I found the source of my slight surging and stuttering. I was out today in 26 degree heat and as has happened once before, the bike refused to start after being parked. As soon as I turned the ignition on, there was no sound of the fuel pump working. A quick wiggle of the ECM connectors and the pump started up and we were away. No sign of any misfiring or surging, especially in that cruising sweet spot of 100-115KPM. This issue seems to be related to hot days. Has anyone experienced overheated ECM's on Ulys?. Cheers, Stu

my phantom trouble code 11 seemed to happen when it was hot out. i have since replaced the ecm bcuz the tps was not bad(replaced it to) and i could find no bad wires. According to the service manual the next step is to replace the ecm. Havent rode it yet so dont know if its fixed. I didnot have ne change when i wiggled the ECM connector but thats not to say that maybe they're not similar issues. they're both 07 ulys..

Could also be the intake seals causing issues.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12