Page 81 of 83 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 LastLast

Thread: Orlando Buell Meet

Curtis and I do some track days together, thought about doing that?

I recently moved some stuff around on the CR and I can actually ride it long distance now. I'm still 2 hours south of MCO though...

I have been thinking about it recently. Found a good deal on a set of Alpinestar leathers that I hope to pick up this week. What track do you guys go to?

I do PBIR because it's super close and I'm a pansy It's a very wide track without much penalty for making mistakes. FlaXB9R goes there and Jennings, which is much tighter.

I'd love to try Sebring! But not for 12 hours straight....
    IMG_1681.jpg

I still have no idea why the website turns that pic upside down

That's 2.5 hours away from me but looks like a fun track. Couldn't find times and rates except for test and tune drag nights.

Floridatrackdays.com

Yes, I looked into that. As a novice sport bike rider, been riding since I was 9 and I'm 45, I'm interested in this. http://floridatrackdays.com/index.ph...d=14&chapter=0

But after the class, does the track offer time for less than classes? I'll be looking at hotel for two nights plus gas. I try to be cheap.

I don't know about that organization but all track organizations split riders into different groups as per your skill level and rightfully so for obvious reasons. They will NEVER send a white group rider out with red or black group. And I'd be willing to bet any amount of money that if cooter and that group of guys is going to be there that they will meet up w you and hold your hand and show you around. Don't miss an opportunity to get out on track you will regret it. Guys like Fatty ss and Racepro gave me good advice when I first went out......warning, you will get hooked!!!!!..lol

So true^^^^ I went right out and got slicks, tire warmers, and a EZ up because PBIR has no pits like most other tracks....

The website tells you all about it but yes 3 groups (20 minute sessions) every hour and that's plenty. There is camping available just outside the gates for free (FLAXB9R does that sometimes the night before), PBIR only does one day track days.

I was a bit nervous the first time too The "class" is a simple instructional period in the morning, more for first time riders than first time track riders. You'll be fine. It's way easy. Then they take the Novice class out on the track and give them all a good look before letting them loose, that's all you need. Just ride at your own pace and if someone needs to pass (only allowed on the straights for Novice) the track is really wide. I'm not a fast guy and I was comfortably passing people the first day. Novice is easy, they call Intermediate the 'Meat grinder'

You will find it exciting, exhausting, and addictive!! Post up here if your going, or just look for some Buells. Of course we'll help out and share what we have! I have a simple but comprehensive check list for going, and I think theres a thread for first track day? I'll have to look...

Thanks guys. I spent all evening watching how to videos on youtube. I'm hooked already. Found a good deal on a set of nice leathers, if only the checks that are "in the mail" would get here. The set I have do not zip together.

I was nervous the night before then it all went away late that evening, I was super calm on the way to the track, got through tech and couldnt wait to go out. Once I got out it was over, I knew I was home. I felt at peace and brutally comfortable on track, didnt want to ride on the street anymore to be honest. They say my track (NJMP) and NC bike are some of the most feared tracks in the U.S....idk why, I was at ease. Built a track only machine and everything, your gonna love it man. Get a good night's rest and have a good breakfast and just listen to the instructors and you will be fine.