Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ... 327280818283 LastLast

Thread: Orlando Buell Meet

That's so funny, I didn't want to ride my CR on the street for a long time after doing track days. It's just so much safer, and ya... peaceful. What a very accurate way to describe it. I feel things are actually slower, not faster if that makes any sense?

I've been riding for 30+ years and I feel going to the track easily doubled my skill level and awareness on the street.

No question it will make you a better street rider. Fifteen yrs ago I pulled into my local shop, zx9r was idling bad, owner adjusted the idle knob and took a spin w me for about thirty mins. Came back shot the **** and had some coffee. He said he'd liked what he seen in me but I needed to learn more and offered to let me try the shops race bike at Loudon since he was getting older and getting out of it. I straight up pussed out like a bitch and declined.....I was scared to death. What a waste of fifteen yrs!!!!! Make sure you make that journey and get on track. Hands down the coolest thing I've ever done.

I'm already addicted. Been watching videos for days now. My wife is excited too. That surprised me, but she has a good friend down in Delray Beach so we can visit her too. My wife works for Marriott so she can get us a good deal on a room! Now to start gathering gear.

Do NOT watch the video below:

You will disappear into Youtubeland for days.

May 25th this year!

Hahaha, I watch at the minimum four to six hours of TT footage a week. I have a piece of asphalt from the course and a autographed picture of the MORECAMBE MISSILE! (Thanks to Tony....Tonethemoan) those dudes are hands down the baddest mother ****ers on the face of the earth!!!!!!

I'm not active on the forums anymore. This thread was pre email notifications also so I wasn't getting notifications. Subscribed now and also responded to willrotten's email.

Trackdays only and no more Buell for me but I'm almost always down to go to the track. Well trackdays and the Buell Dragon meet... Cotter.... cough, cough...

Holy cow Cooter, that video scared the hell out of me. The roads looked so dodgy. Give me a nice wide track with plenty of room for error. Much respect for those amazing athletes. I'm going to try to go to the Lakeland drag strip this Saturday night just for fun. Not going to try to win any Test and Tune as much as just work on my controlled take off. I've never done that before too but going straight seems a little less intimidating than twists for my first time.

Ouch Curtis! But I deserve that, haha.... I swear next year!

Ya, the Isle on Mann is ridiculous. Ridiculous. Your right WickedChop, the TT guys are the smart ones

As a brand new former Floridian I can tell you that track days are where it's at. I was in Orlando so Jennings and PBIR were both about the same drive and both are a ton of fun. I think I prefer Jennings, but that could be because I spent a lot more time there (or because PBIR rained the entire time my first time out). My first track day was last May, and I left the state in Dec and probably got at least 10 track days in that time. You'll be hooked. I wish I hadn't waited so long to start going.

Cooter and FlaXB9R aren't TOO terrible to be around either.

Well trackdays and the Buell Dragon meet... Cotter.... cough, cough...
    Who is Cotter? Is that like a small cheap bed that you get at a motel?

Cooter and FlaXB9R aren't TOO terrible to be around either.
    No need to be polite, we're all family here... Tell us how you REALLY feel...

Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ... 327280818283 LastLast