Page 2 of 84 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Buell Top Speed :-)

screw the video...what rpm

Other mods that reduce the rpms or alter the rev limiter would have to be done. I don't care if you are pumping out 1000 hp at the rear wheels, the spark is designed to cut out at a certain rpm. Oh, and BTW are you sure you were reading mph, not kph?

Sorry to burst your bubbles.

"Our production XB9R Firebolt setting a record in the production pushrod 1000cc class"

-Buell XB9R P-P 1000cc class speed record for a production class-144.626 MPH-

Our highly modified Buell XB9R Firebolt setting a record in the modified partially streamlined pushrod gasoline 1000cc class

***Buell XB9R MPS-PG 1000cc class speed record. 169.209 MPH***

Boneville Salt Flats 2004 AMA International Motorcycle Speed Trials.

NOT SAYING you cant drop a ton of money into any bike and make it perform...just saying theres no way in hell.. 05xb hit 150 160....Gee Think his bike is set up like the buell at the Salt flats....I drive a Taurus my cars goes 200 mph like the Taurus in Daytona

It helps when you post numbers and stats that you post everything included. Where are the final drive ratios? Let me guess, next thing you are going to say is that this Firebolt was purchased from the dealer, a race kit was added, then you ventured out to Wendover and ran it...Yeah right! BTW, I have ran at the Salt Flats before, and they don't allow stockers on the course without passing a tech test.

Firebolt, I'm not saying it CAN'T be done.

05xb12r : Well I have a video of me on my Buell with the speedometer shot of me doing 150- 160, not trying to brag at all, but my Buell isn't stock either, the motor I mean, done a few mods...
    Engine modifications alone don't increase the top speed. I have an XB12R 2005 just so happens.. and I've been to the rev limiter, on both stock/race ecms. Unless he's changed the rev limiter via re-mapping (which if you did, who did it? - I'd like to know), his rev limiter would be the same as mine. I've mentioned it tops at 136-138 clocked by an r1.

Now, an XB9 however could run that fast since it redlines at about 7300 rpm instead of 6900.

05xb12r-

Theres not much you can say to me, to prove it. and for videos, I care nothing about. Show me a dyno chart with a top speed of 150-160 with an XB12R attached from a reputable shop, then I'll believe you. The final drive ratio, and the maximum "safe" rpm of the motor wouldn't get you above 140
    Sorry man, just don't see it happening.

And

It helps when you post numbers and stats that you post everything included. Where are the final drive ratios?
    Sorry i didn't take the time to look them up, if you care that much i encourage you to do so. But there's something to be said about a "production class motorcycle".

Engine modifications alone don't increase the top speed
    Yes they can, and they often do. Unfortunately i never topped my bike out before I added my race kit, but i can tell you for damn sure that before I piped my YFZ450 it topped out at 70-72 mph and after it topped out at 80-82. No REV limiter modifications. Same principle.

It helps when you post numbers and stats that you post everything included. Where are the final drive ratios?
    Sorry i didn't take the time to look them up, if you care that much i encourage you to do so. But there's something to be said about a "production class motorcycle".

Engine modifications alone don't increase the top speed
    Yes they can, and they often do. Unfortunately i never topped my bike out before I added my race kit, but i can tell you for damn sure that before I piped my YFZ450 it topped out at 70-72 mph and after it topped out at 80-82. No REV limiter modifications. Same principle.

thats because you never could hit the limiter in top gear with the old pipe ,,,,,motor stoped pulling...changed pipe and pull a little more up top

thats because you never could hit the limiter in top gear with the old pipe ,,,,,motor stoped pulling...changed pipe and pull a little more up top
    I am not getting any more RPM's than i was with the stock quad. Your right that there is more power on top. Just like on my Buell with a Jardine pipe and race ECM.

Page 2 of 84 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast