Thread: D&D install questions.

Couple of questions, I'm install my my new exhaust.. What size is the allen bolt that located right behind where the header slip's into the muffler? I only have metric 6 is too small 7 is too big. Guessing it's standard, anyone know the size? Two.. What do I do with this cable/valve looking thing on the factory muffler because the D&D def. doesn't use it or have anywhere to mount it? Can i just remove the cable and let it hang or how do i remove this? Any help would be great thanks.

everything is standard just pick up a whole set you will need it.if you have the stock ecm just tuck the cable out of the way if you have an ebr ecm remove it.tighten the rear muffler mount first then the front then the header to muffler clamp.this will keep the header from binding.use lock-tite

If i keep the stock ECM I was told it will run lean and/or throw codes? If i get the EBR can i just keep the cable there anyway? Heard its kinda a pain in the ass to remove and re install if needed.. Thanks for your help.

i ran my d&d for quite awhile with the stock ecm with no problems as long as you didnt do any airbox mods you will be fine.yes you can just leave the cable there with the ebr ecm.

I would leave the cable on the bike. I removed mine and it was a pain in the A$$.

the stock bolt from the muffler mounting bracket should work just fine. no need to buy a different one
    it should be an allen headed 5/16-18, 2.5 inches long (in your native metric terms; 2.5 inches is about 6.35 cm)
    if you'd like to use a shorter one, go with a conventional hex-headed bolt of the same 5/16-18 or fine-thread (5/16-24) variety if you so desire

either way: SLATHER ON THE LOC-TITE throw some washers between the bolt head and the muffler mounting tab. (it vibrates)

you can remove the cable or zip tie it out of the way.
    the servo is what you need to leave installed if you have the stock ecm. (it is ontop of the inner air box, and if you remove it, the stock ecm will throw a trouble code)

the cable is ziptied and routed thru the frame. it runs from the muffler to up under the air box cover. you'll have to tug and pull on it, probably remove the sprocket cover and figure out most of what to do for your self. i have only removed one from a freinds bike, and that was over year ago. i do recall that it was not anything difficult.

do you have a service manual for your bike?