Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CEL 21...cable disconnected

I have the code 21 for my check engine and the code 16. i am replacing the battery today so no worries with that.

21 is the in active exhaust muffler control. I have a Jardine slip on. I removed the airbox cover to see that wire to the conrol unit has been totally disconnected. The unit still moves clockwise and comes back by itself. is this something i need to hook up or do i need to just clear the code or what?

And if i can clear the check engine light..how? i do not have ecm spy.

Thanks for the help

Americansportbike has a whatchamajigger that getss rid of that, its pretty cheap, and u just plug it in

Oh that thing is sweet. it plugs right into the control until of the exaust? or the actual ecu?

will it hurt the bike if i dont hook that up? or is it just something to make the enine light turn off?

It wont hurt ur bike at all,, other than if you throw a check engine light for something else, you wont notice. This is only for the cel. Yeah it plugs right up to the battery and ecu. I went ahead and wired mine open anyway, just took off the servo, cut the line, ran it through a tiny metal h9ole somewhere under the seat and put a ball on the end so it couldnt retract. I dont know if this is neccesary, but I did it anyways. The whole process to maybe 15 mins

what is the servo? and is it always open are always closed? so i would just pull on it hard enough so it is open and then wire it open like that? Sorry for all the ?. new at this buell stuff

Can you turn it off with ECM spy or tunerpro?

I dont have ECM spy and dont really want to build one. I have wiring. So if somone wants to make me one i would be happy to pay ;). and i dont know what tuner pro is

The servo is that tiny little motor looking thing that sits underneath your airbox, its has an steel tension wire around a cresent shaped whatchamajig. You can rotate it and it pulls open the exhaust valve, that doesnt exist on your can. I just unhooked the servo, took the wire off, it has a little metal bob at the end like the one at the end of your clutch cable the hooks into your clutch lever.

ECMSpy is a free software, the cables to connect your bike to your laptop/computer can be made or bought off ebay or other peoples. It basically allows you to reflash your ecm with and a/f ratio you would like. Among other things too I have heard, but as I have an 08 buell I have never used it. By the time they got ecmspy working on the 08 ecm's I had already gotten a servo emulator, and honestly like the way my bike runs. Im sure if I reflashed my ecm i wouuld like it more, but im really not a nut about modding **** to hell.

Hope all this helps and isnt too overwhelming. Iv been up 22 hours straight as I type this and will be up for another 6 hours at least thanks to the graveyard shift and long layoverr in this fuuuuucking airport... So im a little loopy, maybe someone else can chime in and help make sense of things...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast