Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Newbie looking for levers & grips...

Grab-ons $10.00 a set. No slipping and very comfy. The ones at cycle gear are no where as thick.

Grab-ons $10.00 a set. No slipping and very comfy. The ones at cycle gear are no where as thick.
    Do you put them over the stock grips or no? The cheapos over the stock grips work well for me...

I've got the ASV levers, got them thru Puzzeled here, nice smooth levers if you have the $$$.
    Grips, I hear ya, been thru a few and still haven't found a set I really like yet.
    Most are ok but nothing I would buy again.
    This yr I picked ProGrips 801, a dual compound 2 toned, not bad.

Do you put them over the stock grips or no? The cheapos over the stock grips work well for me...
    Umm mine were $10.00 isn't that cheap enough.LOL Mine are what you see in the pic. They are not slipovers. They are the grips. MY CRG levers were high dollar but bolt right on and the gold matches well I think.

For the record I do NOT suggest these grips to anyone who pops wheelies or rides track style on the street.

heres the grip site link
    http://www.grabongrips.com/motorcycle.php

Umm mine were $10.00 isn't that cheap enough.LOL Mine are what you see in the pic. They are not slipovers. They are the grips. MY CRG levers were high dollar but bolt right on and the gold matches well I think.

For the record I do NOT suggest these grips to anyone who pops wheelies or rides track style on the street.
    Ok, yeah wasn't saying they aren't inexpensive just wondering how you use them. The ones I buy aren't "slip overs" either, but I slip them over to make a larger diameter. I have big hands and the small diameter bars/grips really take a toll on my hands. I also get really bad pains in my left hand, I had surgery on my hand years ago and my knuckles get sore easily, that's why I like the large diameter. I just buy whatever ones I find cheap...

My left hand gets sore very fast especially being clutch side. Been thinking of converting to hydraulic somehow...but like the simplicity of the cable, just hurts my hand especially in traffic.

snrusnak,
    I totally understand. My hands are skinny and I have long fingers. The Johar grab-ons are the largest I have found. Probably comparable to what you use but with only one grip. I was only suggesting the ones I use. Seriously though when you can just order a set I bet you like them just as much as what you have if not more.
    Good luck with whatever you choose

Ok, yeah wasn't saying they aren't inexpensive just wondering how you use them. The ones I buy aren't "slip overs" either, but I slip them over to make a larger diameter. I have big hands and the small diameter bars/grips really take a toll on my hands. I also get really bad pains in my left hand, I had surgery on my hand years ago and my knuckles get sore easily, that's why I like the large diameter. I just buy whatever ones I find cheap...

My left hand gets sore very fast especially being clutch side. Been thinking of converting to hydraulic somehow...but like the simplicity of the cable, just hurts my hand especially in traffic.
    You know what they say about big hands. Ya gotta buy big gloves...
    A hydraulic clutch isnt a mystery that you have to fabricate, there is a kit for the XB's

I have one more set to go through of the ones I bought last time(usually buy like 2 or 3 sets at a time), I may try those next to see what they're like. Thanks.

Yes, these look good...increased diameter! Exactly what I'm looking for! I'll check their site. Thanks!

Levers= CRG direct from the website.
    Yeah...I'll check these out also!

Thanks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast