Page 183 of 186 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 1855

Thread: What did you do for your Buell today?

Quote Originally Posted by mike lowary View Post
    This one is loud.

what exhaust is this?

Quote Originally Posted by evilokc View Post
    what exhaust is this?
    This is a custom race exhaust I bought off a retired xb9 race bike. The exhaust was built by NBS performance and fabrication in pinellas park,FL. The header primaries are 1.750 just like the Xb12 primaries. Should be plenty loud. It’s for sale

Quote Originally Posted by mike lowary View Post
    This is a custom race exhaust I bought off a retired xb9 race bike. The exhaust was built by NBS performance and fabrication in pinellas park,FL. The header primaries are 1.750 just like the Xb12 primaries. Should be plenty loud. It’s for sale
    have you heard it?

I’ve never heard it. I can assure you it’s freakin loud. There’s no baffle. This is a full race pipe.

If you want a loud exhaust, this one has been the king. And its not just loud, its just sounds mean too. But it is freaking loud.

Since its a complete header, you can always resell your stock header to recoup some of the cost. I'd recommend hanging on to the stuff you already have in case you decide to go back. The Force exhaust is not for everyone and some people have found that out. Magnesium Mike has one on his bike, and I'm getting one for the "methbuell".

https://www.useforce.com/product/bue...y-forcewinder/

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    If you want a loud exhaust, this one has been the king. And its not just loud, its just sounds mean too. But it is freaking loud.

Since its a complete header, you can always resell your stock header to recoup some of the cost. I'd recommend hanging on to the stuff you already have in case you decide to go back. The Force exhaust is not for everyone and some people have found that out. Magnesium Mike has one on his bike, and I'm getting one for the "methbuell".

https://www.useforce.com/product/bue...y-forcewinder/
    does the chin/lower fairing not fit over it or are they leaving it off so you can see the pipe in the pics?

when i mentioned i might pull the muffler off and run an open header everyone was quickly against it. why? i understand that if you are a sportbike guy that type of volume isnt what you like. is that the reason? i pulled my jardine off to do the torque fix and check the packing material. i cant find my rivet gun so i put it all back together without the jardine until i can get the muffler done.probably next week. i think it sounds incredible. ive only driven it a few miles but it doesnt feel that different than the jardine. so what is it guys? im really trying to understand.

It's your bike Evil, don't let a bunch of internet yahoos tell you what to do with it. I am one of them and guilty as charged, but theres no reason to listen to me. Open headers do nothing, no power, no torque, but do create a ton more noise and make you "that guy". Not my way to represent motorcycles or the Buell brand IMO, but if that floats your boat, cool. 'Murica.

I like loud noises too, but prefer them to be crafted by Mr. Hetfield and Mr. Kilmister

I agree with that also. Just because I don’t agree, doesn’t mean it’s not right for you. My only ask is that you monitor your AFV to make sure you’re not running too lean. Lean does ugly things to engines (see my “new Buell for me” thread). Just remember when you comment in a public forum, you’re going to get a bunch of opinions whether you like them or not. My next XB is getting a Force exhaust, so I don’t have a foot to stand on about a loud exhaust. Personally I do like the way a Jardine sounds on an XB9.

That’s a good question. Magnesium Mike can probably answer that one. He’s been busy today putting his XB back together with that killer 1170 motor. He’s running a Force pipe.

You could probably use an aftermarket fairing mount like what’s available from Rev-Mo or others and reattach the chin fairing as it just mounts to the motor and other bits on the bike.