Page 184 of 186 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186 LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 1855

Thread: What did you do for your Buell today?

For me, I've always found that the race kit has the perfect combination of looks, additional power and sound.
    I was lucky enough to be able to snag one at purchase time for both of the Buells I've owned.

Speaking of which, every time I look at my LightningBolt, I am amazed that it's a 2006.
    15 years old and it looks and runs like it just came off the showroom floor. [Aside from the fact that Firebolts did not come with a Lightning seat]
    Jack-O-Lantern
    2006 Buell XBRS LightningBolt
    http://www.buellxb.com/forum/album.php?albumid=129

Yea I am also interested if the chin fairing will fit back on with maybe an aftermarket chin fairing bracket like the one from rev-mo. My force pipe got to me last week and is sitting in the living room as I wait for my new heads from Hammer

If you decide to go this route, the Rev-Mo one is made out of a much thinner material than the other ones I’ve had in the past. But it is stainless.

There was one spot I thought was questionable where the RH bracket is bent to meet the front of the engine case. It seemed like a stress riser point that could lead to a failure. On any other bike, it would probably be fine as it just hold up a couple pieces of plastic. On my little paint shaker, I wondered if vibration would do it in. But I wasnt planning on keeping the bike, and it wasnt doing anything structural, so I didn’t think too much about it.

Perhaps upaero will chime in and set the record straight.

the day started out rainy and i was pretty sure i wasnt going to be able to enjoy my xb at all. however the sun came out and it turned out to be a great day to ride. i was about to run some errands and get about 25 miles in on the firebolt. good times. i also cleaned the header with some wd-40 and a scotch bright pad. i removed the lower belt guard and passenger pegs/brackets. i wont ever ride two up on the buell and they were visually heavy. while i was at it i went in and checked a couple of grounds and found them to have some movement. nothing major but i was able to turn the bolt a bit. it cleared up a starting issue that i thought might just be a buell quirk.

Quote Originally Posted by evilokc View Post
    the day started out rainy and i was pretty sure i wasnt going to be able to enjoy my xb at all. however the sun came out and it turned out to be a great day to ride. i was about to run some errands and get about 25 miles in on the firebolt. good times. i also cleaned the header with some wd-40 and a scotch bright pad. i removed the lower belt guard and passenger pegs/brackets. i wont ever ride two up on the buell and they were visually heavy. while i was at it i went in and checked a couple of grounds and found them to have some movement. nothing major but i was able to turn the bolt a bit. it cleared up a starting issue that i thought might just be a buell quirk.
    Our little paint shakers tend to like to loosen bolts. When I was selling my last XB, the battery bolts has shaken loose, causing all kinds of weird DTC's, a check engine light and finally a clicking starter. The steel-aluminum interfaces also introduce a bit of "galvanic corrosion" as well. Not a big deal, but you do need to maintain it (consider that no previous owner ever did). I also recommend cleaning the tank/frame to subframe mounting point too, as that the main path from the battery to the engine for the ground (and to the voltage regulator).

Sold my baby after 14yrs to a young man from Tennessee on Saturday. It sat for the last 3 years only being ridden a few times a year due to how many hours I work. I was constantly changing the oil with no miles on it and it wasn't fair to the bike. I think it will be taken care of as the kid said his father and his brother in-law both had Buells and would be jealous when they see that he has all the rare parts that they are looking for already on his new bike. I know I will never own a better bike than that 07 xb12r. I enjoyed it, and this site. You guys are the best God bless and God speed.

Wow. You have been quiet, but... wow. Never thought I'd hear that from you but you gotta do what you gotta do. So glad the new owner appreciated that slick bike. Safe travels.

G-D bless and take care.

Looked under the cover. In 10 days I'll give it the once over before heading to THill.

Prepped all 4 Buells for a week in Tennessee.