Page 177 of 186 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 1855

Thread: What did you do for your Buell today?

Nissin Brakes

If you want to replace the Front Master Cylinder and Lever with a new Nissin... Below are catalog sheets with part numbers for Radial and Non-Radials.

(These come with brake switches, but you will have to extend the current plug to make it work.)

If you want retro master cylinder info for a cleaner lever assembly let me know and I can get them for you.

Brake1.jpg

Brake2.jpg

Group,

Many thanks to all for the various suggestions and advice. The reference to "rndreagle" 11-19-2009 was most helpful(thanks 3419).

Closer inspection with the broken lever and the new one showed that the tang that actuates the MC is longer by 1/8" or so and the MC was not returning 100%. Putting it all together, I think that is the problem. I will grind the new tang down today and let you all know the results. Hopefully, the caliper and rotor are not wrecked.

Next time, which I hope is never, I now know enough to check things more carefully. Subtle business except a wheel lockup and getting a bike off the road is anything but subtle.

I think the worst part of it all was the behavior of my fellow "citizens". It was obvious I was having problems but No One offered to help and there was a lot of traffic going by. Something really off about these times, and it is more than snake-brain fever over the Covid.

Regards,

Opto

I'm super curious to know theres different OE levers for the XB series??

All,
    Well some good news. I modified the pressure tang on the new lever--re-profiled it with a file to match the old one. Bled out the brakes and took a test ride. The rotor and caliper seem fine and the bike stops OK plus the brakes are nice and cool--so Victory.

I guess the analogy would be driving your car with your foot on the brake pedal--that's the effect when your MCylinder doesn't retract fully. Live and learn. Thanks again for all the inputs from everyone.

Opto

Good to hear - all’s well that ends well!

Put a new clutch pack/spring in my Ulysses today. No drama, thankfully (although the whole "learn by/while doing" thing took way more time than I would have liked it to). Shakedown ride was uneventful. Can't wait to really give 'er the business down a freeway on-ramp.

Oil, filters, replaced all the body and window bolt with stainless. Removed the bar end mirrors is had when I got it. Added lights to the tabs. Still no mirrors waiting on factory ones I ordered.... tomorrow I’m taking it on it’s first ride to work. Oh yah no front blinkers they r in the mail f it hand signals ✌️Deuces

https://youtu.be/B6djKctvTyM walk around

My first experience with hawk exhaust. Gotta say... not that impressed.
    F4BE1325-E6D4-4174-B9BE-4BDE610A8FCA.jpg

I like the way it sounded, and I actually like the factory valve still being operational inside, but finish work could be better. It's a stock muffler with 3" of the end cut off and gutted, with a flat plate and small thin ends booger welded back on.

So I feexed-ed it
    947A8899-B630-4C14-B270-1CD54455CD96.jpg

The result is a MUCH deeper tone and a bit more volume. Me likey!

I also took the opportunity to swap the original slightly dented header with an immaculate replacement
    7A97D2E0-CD1D-40F7-8B2A-F043A141A6A1.jpg

Winning!
    Last edited by Cooter; 11-02-2020 at 12:09 AM.

and as the holiday season winds down, I found some time in the garage to continue putting the mods I like on the new long range cruise missile. Starting with hanging some spares, I need more hooks!
    C8C0C668-A616-4E9F-BE19-999806346DC9.jpg
    Got some wide spools/swingarm protection on. I tried to match the gold outer scratch protection washer to the wheels but missed the tone. Not sure if it bugs me enough to change them out.
    5E70011D-F6FC-4281-90D4-2B898FFAE475.jpg
    Hid the rear caliper. Pur Pony sure makes some pretty stuff. Its a shame the bracket is hidden as well.
    FE8D8416-E740-40EE-8DF0-C2D7B998E9C7.jpg
    Had time to tap the front isolator bolt and install the cheap steering damper mod. Wow. $25, 30k miles and still works perfectly!
    20A7E116-4C55-4421-BFDF-D38FCB069D21.jpg
    re-hung the carabiner helmet lock once I figured out the code (thanks 11 year old YouTube posting child for the method).
    BF54FD2E-95AD-4A3F-98D2-F5B8921C8C53.jpg

Got to re-hang my Bubbles hand-made tool roll on the right side. It has been a total life saver more than once, and hang the new Nelson-Rigg fuel bottle holder on the left side. It fits perfectly!
    843B479C-2FC5-4174-B00D-57DEB2C5EF8C.jpg
    OE LED taillight and taillight strobe are on, sequential turn signals (with front DRL and rear stop light action)

For the first time ever I don't think I'm dropping the lightning windscreen for 'angry eyes' nor am I chopping this beautiful black tail off. You're welcome.

This '09 is SO stock, and SO pretty, I will leave all my mods reversible. For now, Muahahaha.

Shopping for tires. The Michelin PR5's are fantastic but running low, and need some stickies for the EBR. 6 more tires. Sheesh. I'll be on here bitching about needing a NO-Mar again in 3...2..1...