Page 166 of 186 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 1855

Thread: What did you do for your Buell today?

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    ^^^^that 5% terrifies me. your riding abilities far surpass what i'm now capable of at the ripe old age of 65..... but never lose sight of the fact that you live in a communist-run municipality governed by asswipes, losers, drones and other assorted vermin....all in bed with insurance companies. so when you rocket past Ocasio-Cortez in her Escalade....and then read 2 days later that she's introducing legislation to ban motorcycles in all 5 boros....you can give yourself a pat on the back.
    I'm not going to pretend like I was not riding like a bit of an asshat lol...... But don't sell your self short Lunatic.... at the annual ADK Buell ride in Lake George, NY, there is a dude with a Uly who is around the 60 mark and he routinely leaves us all in the dust when we hit the twisties..... it's not even close no matter how hard I try.

Quote Originally Posted by GregoXB View Post
    I'm not going to pretend like I was not riding like a bit of an asshat lol...... But don't sell your self short Lunatic.... at the annual ADK Buell ride in Lake George, NY, there is a dude with a Uly who is around the 60 mark and he routinely leaves us all in the dust when we hit the twisties..... it's not even close no matter how hard I try.
    Annual ADK Buell ride in Lake George???? I'm 10 miles down the road in Lake Luzerne most of the summer, when does this happen?

Yeah, when ?

John, your not used to riding in traffic like we have in NYC and most of NJ now, being g born and raised in NYC and being that my first vehicle was a motorcycle I am used to it and ride pretty much the same way. What people can't understand is the trick is to stay moving ahead of the cagers, reason being is that to a certain amount one can control what's going on in front but can't what's going on behind them.

Though I said that Grego drives a little crazier than me I was really jesting and I pretty much drive the same or worse than he, believe me it's actually safer riding that way or at least to me it is.

ADK #8

May 17th - May 19th

https://www.facebook.com/events/2442363295776811/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/230947804473422/

The main ride is Saturday, May 18th at 8AM. We leave from Fort William Henry Hotel parking lot at 8AM sharp.

There is a bunch of us who meet up south and ride up together on the back roads the day before. We meet at 9AM on Friday, May 17th at the Mobile Gas Station, 210 N Main St, Liberty, NY 12754, kick stands up at 930A. njloco, you might be interested in that...
    Last edited by GregoXB; 03-25-2019 at 08:53 PM.

I'm not much of a hooligan anymore but I lived in Germany in the '80s. Had a Honda Sabre. Pretty easily 160 on the autobahn. There was a video then by this - I think - black prince or black knight. Maybe a Frenchman. He claimed the record time around the peripherique (the Paris beltway). He really was a hooligan. I rode the Sabre to Le Mans a few times and tried the hooligan bit on the peripherique. It was a blast. And I completely agree with njloco. Ride like you mean it. I rode a k1 to work for ten years, almost every day except packed snow and ice. Always always kept the rubber side down. Yes, you are in better control going faster than the cagers. The black knight complaint: When cars don't use their blinkers when changing lanes. )

Quote Originally Posted by GregoXB View Post
    ADK #8

May 17th - May 19th

https://www.facebook.com/events/2442363295776811/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/230947804473422/

The main ride is Saturday, May 18th at 8AM. We leave from Fort William Henry Hotel parking lot at 8AM sharp.

There is a bunch of us who meet up south and ride up together on the back roads the day before. We meet at 9AM on Friday, May 17th at the Mobile Gas Station, 210 N Main St, Liberty, NY 12754, kick stands up at 930A. njloco, you might be interested in that...
    Damn, I've got a wedding to go to on the 18th.

Went for a spin with my buddy on his R Nine T:
    Last edited by GregoXB; 04-08-2019 at 01:08 AM.

It wasn't today but last Saturday I cleaned her up, and rode from Newnan GA, to Columbus GA, to Opelika AL, and back to Newnan...... Good ride, great enjoyable wind and sun burn!

I like those R9T's! Theres a couple in my riding group. Similar specs to an XB (110hp/86lb/ft) with a strangely high 489lb weight?
    Another super sexy bike I'm too damn big for though It's amazing what they can do, I'm surprised at how fast they are.

I cleaned up my poor wheels the other day. I found out that they were actually gold and not brake dust gray.

I then let out about 2lbs per tire to set them to 34/36 and then proceeded to remind myself how much I love Torque.

Jack-O-Lantern
    2006 Buell XBRS LightningBolt
    http://www.buellxb.com/forum/album.php?albumid=129