Page 177 of 177 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177
Results 1,761 to 1,766 of 1766

Thread: What did you do for your Buell today?

Nissin Brakes

If you want to replace the Front Master Cylinder and Lever with a new Nissin... Below are catalog sheets with part numbers for Radial and Non-Radials.

(These come with brake switches, but you will have to extend the current plug to make it work.)

If you want retro master cylinder info for a cleaner lever assembly let me know and I can get them for you.

Brake1.jpg

Brake2.jpg

Group,

Many thanks to all for the various suggestions and advice. The reference to "rndreagle" 11-19-2009 was most helpful(thanks 3419).

Closer inspection with the broken lever and the new one showed that the tang that actuates the MC is longer by 1/8" or so and the MC was not returning 100%. Putting it all together, I think that is the problem. I will grind the new tang down today and let you all know the results. Hopefully, the caliper and rotor are not wrecked.

Next time, which I hope is never, I now know enough to check things more carefully. Subtle business except a wheel lockup and getting a bike off the road is anything but subtle.

I think the worst part of it all was the behavior of my fellow "citizens". It was obvious I was having problems but No One offered to help and there was a lot of traffic going by. Something really off about these times, and it is more than snake-brain fever over the Covid.

Regards,

Opto

I'm super curious to know theres different OE levers for the XB series??

All,
    Well some good news. I modified the pressure tang on the new lever--re-profiled it with a file to match the old one. Bled out the brakes and took a test ride. The rotor and caliper seem fine and the bike stops OK plus the brakes are nice and cool--so Victory.

I guess the analogy would be driving your car with your foot on the brake pedal--that's the effect when your MCylinder doesn't retract fully. Live and learn. Thanks again for all the inputs from everyone.

Opto

Good to hear - all’s well that ends well!

Put a new clutch pack/spring in my Ulysses today. No drama, thankfully (although the whole "learn by/while doing" thing took way more time than I would have liked it to). Shakedown ride was uneventful. Can't wait to really give 'er the business down a freeway on-ramp.