Page 180 of 186 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 1855

Thread: What did you do for your Buell today?

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Attachment 15173
    Got bored and shaved the words off the reservoir cap with the belt sander and put the tiny Eastwood powdercoating kit to work, gloss black. I like how it turned out!
    I also updated the switch controls to EBR/Kawasaki and re-routed the wiring a bit.
    Why didn’t you say something. Methbuell came with the words sanded off the reservoir cap also.

Do I need to call Bubbles? Lol

today i changed the ptimary oil. i was told that the p.o had just changed it and had no reason to doubt him but the engine oil was a tad low so i was afraid the primary might be wrong as well. since there is no was to accuratly check the primary oil i just changed it. i also rode the buell to the gym and to run other errands then in the evening around the lake. it was a good day. i have a jardine exhause that sounds good. im considering removing it and running a straight open pipe becausue i like to offend.

How are you going to know what Dot fluid to use ???????

Quote Originally Posted by evilokc View Post
    today i changed the ptimary oil. i was told that the p.o had just changed it and had no reason to doubt him but the engine oil was a tad low so i was afraid the primary might be wrong as well. since there is no was to accuratly check the primary oil i just changed it. i also rode the buell to the gym and to run other errands then in the evening around the lake. it was a good day. i have a jardine exhause that sounds good. im considering removing it and running a straight open pipe becausue i like to offend.

You can check the level of primary fluid on an XB. The service book has a nice illustration of how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    How are you going to know what Dot fluid to use ???????
    It wouldn’t be the first time someone screwed that up. Both of my tubers had DOT 3/4/5.1 fluid in them. A-holes.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    You can check the level of primary fluid on an XB. The service book has a nice illustration of how to do it.

And that Cooter guy called it out here

https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...l=1#post628156

Hey! I like the clean look and know what to put in there! LOL I haven't tried meth but I know I'm dangerous when I'm bored:
    F91631FE-19C6-43BA-9E32-9D9BD950C913.jpg
    1E9C63A0-B6FC-4187-8D4D-F9AB259B9CFE.jpg

DOT3 and 4 can be mixed fine, but DOT 5 is silicone and a bloody nightmare to flush completely to get solid brakes back They say its better now, but not IME. That sucks buddy, but the satisfaction of tossing that nasty mix out of the Mity-Vac bottle is worth it. Honestly, I'd yank the caliper and disassemble it, flushing the lines in the process, even a tiny amount of 5 in there will haunt you.

Evil: No. Just no. please.... no. Ya, it's your bike and all but, no
    Last edited by Cooter; 03-28-2021 at 06:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Yeah, tell us about your axle sliders on the ebr. Heheheh

Ouch 2014 #000024 is a salvage now I never did write that strongly worded E-mail to T-rex. The good news is Yamaha ChampDay school taught me some serious body position techniques that keep the bike much more upright at the same cornering speed, but still I love that stupid thing, and it hasn't killed me yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Hey! I like the clean look and know what to put in there! LOL I haven't tried meth but I know I'm dangerous when I'm bored:
    F91631FE-19C6-43BA-9E32-9D9BD950C913.jpg
    1E9C63A0-B6FC-4187-8D4D-F9AB259B9CFE.jpg

DOT3 and 4 can be mixed fine, but DOT 5 is silicone and a bloody nightmare to flush completely to get solid brakes back They say its better now, but not IME. That sucks buddy, but the satisfaction of tossing that nasty mix out of the Mity-Vac bottle is worth it. Honestly, I'd yank the caliper and disassemble it, flushing the lines in the process, even a tiny amount of 5 in there will haunt you.

Evil: No. Just no. please.... no. Ya, it's your bike and all but, no

Ah yes, but I did say DOT 5.1.

Older tubers came with DOT 5 (silicone) fluid, but every time I buy one I realize it’s now a mix of DOT3 and 5.

The brakes will still work, but like hell (they stick). Usually a good flush and new seals and hose fixes it, and by this time it should have been done anyhow. The S1 wasn’t too bad, but my M2 was a disaster when I bought it.

And I agree with Cooter on the muffler. It’s your bike and you can do whatever you want, but that is not a good idea. Personally I like the sound of a jardine on a 9, on a 12 they tend to be a little over the top.
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 03-28-2021 at 04:11 PM.

mines a 12 and it does sound good. i was expecting a little more volume though. we will see how it works out. i have another bike that i reassembling so it will be a while before i do anything to the buell. its running and riding great so i really dont want to do anything but maintain it for now.