Page 172 of 186 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 1855

Thread: What did you do for your Buell today?

1/4" is quite a bit. That 27 might just work. It might also make my gearing for Sears Point unacceptable. As is I just bump the rev limiter in a couple of spots in 3rd. This back section is mostly uphill in 3rd. Turn 2, 3, 3a, 4.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by outthere; 05-27-2019 at 02:05 PM. Reason: spelling error

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    ....no set-screw required. only on here could it start a debate.
    No debate here? "Would work fine for that purpose", if he wanted to loosen a stock set-up. BUT he's trying to tighten a non-stock set-up. You gotta read the whole thread my man...

Quote Originally Posted by outthere View Post
    Seeing as how the stock combination is tight as a drum, I thought using the aftermarket tensioner with its minimal adjustability just might be perfect along with the 26. If not I have a $200 paperweight.
    Outthere ordered a 26T sprocket (Not stock 27). I have done the same thing and it made the belt way loose (IMO). I slotted the tensioner to act like an old V-belt adjustment and found it would loosen up no matter how tight I mounted it because there is clearance left in the slot when you are taking up slack instead of relieving slack like you did. My solution of the set screw worked perfectly at stock mounting bolt torque specs and was very easy to tighten to whatever you like to boot.

With Lunatics solution to his opposite problem, the tensioner is held in place by the end of the slots he made, would not need a set screw. Happy now?

Like in this terrible pic of my last XB track bike. 'Murica Yes it's chain converted, but stock idler bracket.

I tried to edit it better, but I'm lame. See how the bottom nut is closer to the edge of the stock idler bracket, moving the bracket up not down.

Last edited by Cooter; 05-27-2019 at 07:06 PM.

8303D0F8-3229-4E16-899C-3E155E2BFE31.jpg

Finally fixed my pulsing front brake with a new rotor, pads, and hardware... good as new ��

that reminds me of those multi colored VW's

Ya, but but but Red, Wyatt, and Bloo!

'Murica.

New tires, (used almost every inch of the old ones), new bearings, new rotor, front and rear pads.

I decided to try the Diablo Corsa's instead of my favorite Conti-Sport-Attacks

Once I break in the Diablo's, I'll add my comments. Might be a week or so, since I am being paranoid about slippery tires... (not really an issue with the Conti's)

Inactive
    terrie: that's my writing^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^all over those pad packages and factory box. any idea how that got there??????

Couldn't be happier.

My highly talented mechanic is jealous and wants a couple new rotors...

I did everything but the tire replacement and bearings. Easy Peasy.

Also gave me a chance to cleanup those dirty bits I could not reach with the wheels and skins on. Not a full cleaning as I ran out of time and HAD to ride today.

I still have a box of new parts for my S3T getting installed this weekend. Delving into replacing all the motor mount bushings but I need a new front motor/air cleaner mount since a previous mechanic cut mine to remove a broken exhaust stud, never thinking I'd go back to stock.
    Last edited by airbozo; 06-21-2019 at 10:53 PM.

I went keyless today. Less time in the pits.
    IMG_0672.jpg