Page 110 of 186 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1855

Thread: What did you do for your Buell today?

she's back together, took her for a short ride after new filter installed and filling both holes on Saturday afternoon

On Monday, I installed the cheap $5 ebay heated hand grips.

UPS just showed up with my right side scoop and seat retention kit from ASB! Doing that and hopefully the breather re-route this weeked, unless it's nice enough to ride of course. :D Next purchase will be some frame pucks and axle sliders from 50dro.

New tail and air box painted and installed

BamBam and I ate up 500kms of BC's finest sealcoat and occasional black top.

We were aboot 20 minutes into our ride when a set of lights came on in the distance behind me..**** I thought.

Some of you know I live in the middle of nowhere (BC's interior), not alot of people out here and even less fuzz (6 RCMP along a 300kms of hwy and wilderness)

So I am thinking where did it come from and as I quickly pull over and turn the bike off, then get off the bike I notice it's a plain white pick'em up truck that I passed tearing up Revenge ( a long grade the that truckers love).
    The RCMP officer gets out and sez "man you need to slow down"
    I am getting my wallet out as he said that and I say "too bad your Rob" (Alexis Creek RCMP I know who digs BamBam and thinks I am ok).

He takes my D/L and I offer to take my helmut off and he sez "no, it's ok..I now who you are"
    Double damn I think to myself as I do not recognize this dude as one of the Alexis Creek RCMP...

..he comes back and I ask if he wants to see my insurance, his reply "no I'm not giving you a ticket"

thank you Jeebus!!
    I was doing at least 150 kph in a 100...(thats big fine ($300+) plus the added bonus for playing today and driving 30 over the limit..
    your prize..
    IMPOUND for 30 days and you pay for tow, storage..it can get stupidly costly fast!

So I ask him how fast did you clock me and he said "you started at 120 which is fine but as soon as you hit 140 I had to light you up" then he adds "you know they can impound your bike for 30 over"
    I replied "I know, thanks again eh, what's your name?" as I extend my hand
    He shakes my hand and replies "Hackert...realizes I can see that on his name tag and goes "Mike"

Mike walks over to his truck and I come over as the touristas are rubber necking by and jokingly say "Mike, with you having me pulled over like this the touristas are surely going to slow down now", he laughed and said "ride safe, by the way Rob speaks very highly of you"

Cool

Aside from that the ride was amazing, two wheeled therapy at its best.....downside tho as I was riding home I raped Sheeps Creek Hill pretty hard and being that it is aboot time...I blew out my right front fork seal.

oh well, banner day eh!

I mounted some fender washer inside my air box so I could use an icon magnetic tank bag. I did a couple hundred miles on mountain roads trying to get it to knock loose. After it was solid I tried it out in backpack mode and hiked back to some waterfalls to cool off.

add note
    my wife has pointed out several spelling and grammar errors and asked if I was high when I posted it. My reply was of course.
    I don't smoke and ride. But I was smoking a doobie as I wrote these posts
    . ;)

Not my buell its my buddies... 1250cc stg2 heads force exhaust crossroads air cleaner. I'm giving it a full tune today.

Bang done

Installed my RSS and seat retention kit from ASB, and also did a breather re-route yesterday evening.

:D