Page 122 of 186 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1855

Thread: What did you do for your Buell today?

Nothing and I feel bad to, she hasn't been played with in a couple of weeks because there has been a lot going on in our lives

Had to trailer the 05XB home because she was only firing on the front cylinder, changed the plugs did not help. I will check the coil next,

Coil was not the problem, on to the injectors.

Jerry, if you check everything else and it's not showing any codes, swap out the CPS.

CPS?

today i tried to do a tps reset and broke my idle adjustment cable :( and i already lowered it to 0.0 on ecmspy to reset it, so i dont know if its safe to ride now thats its set at 0.0 instead of 5.2-5.5....

Tore into my primary this weekend to fix my broken primary cover and got into the clutches. As you can see, they've been hot so I'm gonna go with a new clutch pack and a newer OEM spring to try to avoid breaking the primary cover again. New (Teflon coated) clutch cable will be installed as well.

While I'm in there, I may be installing the XB9 gearing I bought a while back. Since it's snowing out, I'm in no rush to complete the project. :(

And you're breaking the lip on the cover with a stock spring? How many times is this and how did you do the repair before? Trying to remem who it was on here that was building the repair kits...thinking about doing both of mine BEFORE they break and leave me stranded in the boonies

This is the first time for me at around 11k miles. It's not uncommon unfortunately. The stock spring on the early 12's (mine's a 2004) were heavier than the newer ones (2003+ I believe). If I were to guess, they changed it in part due to this issue. I'm personally not a fan of the repair kits I've seen for several reasons but it's just my opinion. I don't like to bash others' ideas especially when they're trying to help others out so I won't go into details. For me, a used 9 primary with a newer spring seemed like the best option for success without breaking the bank..

Ah, I wasn't aware of the spring change on the later 12's...interesting

As far as a more permanent repair, I thought this was pretty close to the mark and relatively affordable

http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Foru...-Primary-Cover