Page 125 of 186 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1855

Thread: What did you do for your Buell today?

got all the parts to do a breather reroute a la Buells downunder...without a catch can and filter, also replace wheel bearings and spacers now that I have the blind hole puller, new shoes on stand by and need to find a shop to mount and balance them

Looks awesome Neil

Thanks Jesse, it is the 3rd time I painted it. Finally followed the instructions on the paint so maybe that's why it turned out so good.:D

Polishing headers that were wrapped for the last 2 seasons sucks ass!

Yeah, but the results are well worth it!

Lol agreed ^

I started the project and then gave up I need to finish them

I think I have polished mine three times so far - each time they look better and better as I get more of the little scrapes out of them. I wouldn't dare get to 100% full polish in one sitting! Wet sanding is a must!

Mine were wrapped by previous owner. When it looked a little ragged... he wrapped over that wrap. They look great. For now.
    I think I'm gonna just bite the bullet and buy some fancy coated ones if these rot.

As for what I did.... Cleaned up the wheels in every knook and cranny, wiped down all the plastics with spray detailer, and I took it out for a little picture session. I didn't have any since I put on my new vinyl wrapped screen and saddle bags. They'll be posted here once I get around to hosting them somewhere.

Well I finished polishing the headers.... Well I polished them as much as they are going to get for now. I will attack them again in the spring, for now they are at that look decent from 30 feet away in a dimly lit basement state. :D

I also painted the freshly chopped tail and the seat rails black. The tail and the left rail turned out pretty good but the right side rail fish-eyed like crazy in one spot so I'll be fixing that one soon.

Yesterday, Rotated the motor for the first time. Was replacing a faulty PCV on the front cylinder and when removing the grommet, it slipped from my hand and fell down the center hole in the cylinder head. Had to rotate to get it out. While I was in there, checked intake seals and header bolts, also replaced spark plugs since I was in there. Got it done quickly. Had the motor out and back in less than 4 hours. It was way easier than expected. Followed the guide printed here with only minor changes.