Page 162 of 186 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 1855

Thread: What did you do for your Buell today?

Banned
    OK, I removed the plastic cases and it significantly reduced mirrors shakiness. It looks like cases mass amplifies vibration.

Banned

Banned
    Ordered original CRG side bar mirrors adapters https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I hope it will reduce mirrors vibration. Currently I use the adapters from the old Chineese side bar mirrors and they have slightly smaller diameter than the CRG mirror clamps.

Banned
    Working on Scorpio i900 motorcycle alarm remote protective case. Stay tuned!

Wow, the ignore list works great, goodbye Teabag !

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    That s the ugliest thing I've ever seen but, thanks for listing it .
    Heres a different look

The spring keeper broke on the shift detent plate and that kept it from shifting. Was was able to get home in 3rd gear (thank you torque) and tore it down. A little fishing with a small magnet extension turned up the broken halves of the old spring clip and, with a trip to the Texoma Harley-Davidson, I was able to locate a new clip for less than $2. I filed the rough edges off the detent plate and buffed it out, made sure the shift drum pins were all equal lengths and put her back together. I was able ride around the rain showers to test it but it seems fine now. If it happens again I will pull the transmission, pull the shift drum and tap it for a retaining bolt. It shifts good now with a neutral that is easy to find.

Replaced my clutch cable. Piece of cake. Much softer feel too.
    The old timers on here are fully aware of protecting your XB clutch cable from vibration rubbing a hole into your clutch cable. I unfortunately didn't heed this advice and noticed some fluid on the floor under my 06 Uly. Turned out that I had a hole in my cable and it leaked. So, I had to change the cable out, this time with some electrical tape wrapped around the area that contacts my plastics. Just an FYI for the newer members.
    IMG_2770.jpg

And coated my soon to be old muffler.... Trading it for a Race Muffler.

IMG_2769.jpg

Good advice. Your clutch cable and your CPS wires are susceptible to rubbing on the chin fairing. Some tape, wire armor, or a peice of fuel line like I did on mine all a good idea to protect those 2 parts.