Page 179 of 186 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 1855

Thread: What did you do for your Buell today?

Quote Originally Posted by evilokc View Post
    yes. i rode it a few miles and then checked it on the side stand. i read that was the correct way. if its not school me friend.

the following procedure gives the most consistent and correct swingarm tank oil level for all xb models:

1-ride sufficient distance that motor is at normal operating temp. Normal temp is anything that yields an approx oil temperature of 180 degrees or more
    2-stop...park bike on level surface using sidestand. Do not place anything under sidestand
    3-wait approx 1 minute...remove oil filler dipstick cap....wipe clean....replace and fully tighten cap....then fully remove cap and check oil level on dipstick
    4-if requiring oil to be added, only add approx 8 ounces at a time, then recheck dipstick. The hi-lo dipstick markings are notoriously inaccurate. Only add enough oil to bring the level up to or slightly below the hi level mark. Filling past that mark will result in excess oil being pumped into the airbox assembly and possible "aeration" of the circulating oil.

NOTE: GET IN THE HABIT OF CHECKING YOUR OIL AT LEAST EVERY OTHER RIDE, AT THE ABOVE INCREMENT. THIS WAY YOU'LL KNOW THAT THE NEXT TIME BEFORE YOU RIDE, YOU HAVE ALREADY CHECKED AND CONFIRMED PROPER OIL LEVEL.

Quote Originally Posted by AC_Schnitzel View Post
    Just installed a nissin radial MC from an 1190 on my scg. Didn’t get a chance to test ride it but looking forward to it!
    Your Scg has a ZTL-2 caliper on it? Can't tell from the spiders view pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Your Scg has a ZTL-2 caliper on it? Can't tell from the spiders view pic.
    yeah it's a 2009. i think that was stock for 2009 MY, or maybe the previous owner upgraded

edit: any details on your luggage/bag set up? also love the color choice for the wheels
    Last edited by AC_Schnitzel; 03-25-2021 at 06:57 PM.

Ok you're gtg

Just some MotoCentric soft bags and a tank bag with a 3l water bladder. I like them a lot and they have survived a whole lot of miles!

Ok you're gtg

Just some MotoCentric soft bags and a tank bag with a 3l water bladder. I like them a lot and they have survived a whole lot of miles!
    awesome! any link you can share to both? and -- can they fit a 13" laptop? would be great for my commute to work

Ok you're gtg

You drink from your bladder? You know thats not "water" in your bladder? Its not even sterile. You sick puppy.

Cooter, what sliders are you running?

Quote Originally Posted by AC_Schnitzel View Post
    awesome! any link you can share to both? and -- can they fit a 13" laptop? would be great for my commute to work
    I don't have a link, try Google. I bought them miles and miles ago. Ya, my Mac Pro fits fine.

The sliders are old 5-0 Dro and I extended the right one a little and they work well as highway pegs if i need a stretch

F65779C4-24B4-454D-8908-A6040AEDE948.jpg
    Got bored and shaved the words off the reservoir cap with the belt sander and put the tiny Eastwood powdercoating kit to work, gloss black. I like how it turned out!
    I also updated the switch controls to EBR/Kawasaki and re-routed the wiring a bit.

Yeah, tell us about your axle sliders on the ebr. Heheheh