Page 182 of 186 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 1855

Thread: What did you do for your Buell today?

Quote Originally Posted by evilokc View Post
    i couldnt find them on google

Sir: We sold out on the HellFire "Neighbor-Hater" high performance exhaust systems just before Christmas. Buell wives found them to be popular stocking-stuffers. Our head of R&D sits on the Google board-of-directors, so we had him remove the google listing and all associated known algorithms.
    Might i be so bold as to suggest our soon-to-be-released Window Rattler Mark-IV competition dominator series exhaust? April only online special includes NASA certified "Tranquility Base" series protective ceramic wrap and free WuTang oil filter...which fits all XB models and Toyota Yaris 1.5L inline four.

Warmest Regards,
    FabioDriven, CEO
    HellFire Heavy Industries

I think I may have the V1 setup in my garage. I was able to throw down some record setting runs on my local drag strip running that pipe, but none were recorded as I was running too fast for the class I am in. I have a backorder for the V4 pipe whenever they become available again.

I have a stock exhaust I’m not using and am going to work on a DIY neighbor-hater. The main part of the neighbor hater design is a reciprocating valve that breaks up the airflow, sort of like the intake valve on a pulse jet engine. I think that creates two reverating frequencies (like a dual car horn) to really get the message across.

Bub Rubb and Lil Sis would be proud (“it’s just for decoration”)
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 04-04-2021 at 04:34 PM.

Hell yeah brother. True dual, asymmetrical length race pipes. Stock pipes are for pussies anyhow.

BDC3A3EB-5492-4E04-8A07-2F89C94E59EC.jpeg

These are the first prototypes made at the original LF Heavy Industries plant in Huntington Park, CA. Since we were in Southern California we didn’t do any actual work. Later on, our current leader Leopold “Barrett” Shrute took over operations and moved the facility to PA where they have been hard at work innovating and not giving any f#cks.
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 04-04-2021 at 05:50 PM.

Yesterday I got the factory shift light option going..... The ECM has a factory shift light option but it is not utilized. Instead they use the start interlock so you can't start the bike in gear and crash. But I disabled the start interlock, used the wire from the ECM to be the ground for LED shift light I added, programmed the ECM, and ground out the start relay since it loses the ground from the ECM. Pretty neat feature. Not sure I would recommend it to everyone, especially those who may accidently try to start the bike in gear or don't clutch in. I have always clutch in, neutral, and right hand holding front brake just out of habit. But an interesting option never the less.

Thats really neat lawdog Is "programming the ECM" as easy as hitting the enable/disable button for that feature?
    Can you set the activation RPM?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Thats really neat lawdog Is "programming the ECM" as easy as hitting the enable/disable button for that feature?
    Can you set the activation RPM?
    Thanks!
    I agree. That is a neat option.

I am not sure. I don't really use ECMSpy. I look up the data on ECMSpy website for my EEPROM (BUEZD), use a hex/dec/binary converter, edit the hex data manually, and then burn it manually to the ECM. For the shift light I turned it on by changing 36C from 00 to 81 to turn on the shift light and changing 38A from CA to 00 to turn off the starter interlock. Both of those are binary. I am not sure if ECMSpy changes one or both of them. Then I edited the shift light tables for on/off solid and flashing on/off. (They all have FF in the first byte which needs to be changed). You can set flashing on/off and solid on/off for any RPM you want. I set mine to 1500 just to test it.

From the factory the ECM puts ground to the green w/ orange stripe to enable the starter relay. I cut the wire and coming from the ECM becomes the ground for the shift light to control it. The wire from the relay goes to ground so it will be energized when you hit the starter switch. Tap 12+ ignition for the positive of the LED light.

got out for a few miles on the buell yesterday. it was beautiful weather. supposed to the 80 today and im off work! woot woot
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice looking bike.

Thanks for the details Lawdog, WOW thats pretty deep into ECM play play time!