Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: haw critical for ecm

Also, your Harley dealer is the last person you should ask for advice on your Buell.
    i couldnt agree more.

I've heard that to...but doesn't hurt to call and ask, then again i did smirk a little when they said there was no other options available....while i was looking at my computer screen showing me the ebr pre-programmed, and reading my current ecmspy nots hahaha

i agree with eight arms......its too easy to pass up. ebr pre-programmed isnt the way t5o go with a xb.

i feel like one hell of a dumbass right now....for some reason i was reading all these threads so i could get ready and start ordering parts and working on my bike over the winter, and got it stuck in my head i had an 06', suddenly it just kicked in, i have an 08' 25th edition.

Is the new DDFI 3 ecm capable of compensating a little better for the changes then the past ecm's? i know it won't fully correct, just a simple question so hopefully i won't get bashed to hard haha

after day and night of searching i found a page that says the ecm will calibrate to new adjustments if you do a 5-10 minute ride in the closed loop mode (2500-3500rpm, and riding between 45-60mph) any input from some of u highly experienced buell people that know the system inside and out?

Super Moderator
    The corrections systems on the Buell are good at what they do. The problem is that they are built to adjust for changes in environment, not aftermarket alterations AND environmental changes. If you are already maxing out the corrections with the environmental differences, then these corrections parameters will not be able to properly fuel your bike given the aftermarket items.

In short, no, you cannot rely on corrections to handle what you are asking the bike to do. You will need an EBR ECM or a tune.

oki dokey, best start savin for EBR haha

no dyno in anchorage, and i don't believe there is one in all of alaska either haha

Super Moderator
    I'm willing to bet there is a dyno in both anchorage and in alaska, given that alaska is a mecca for many motorcycle riders.

With that said, a dyno will not produce a tune superior to datalogging the bike under real operating conditions.

theres one in fairbanks....but i have a 1125r too now....trying to learn how to tune it. dont want an ebr ecm....stuck with what they give you and the latitude change here is GREAT! Ill figure it out going to be a long winter i think...45 below today.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast